We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Child Friendly Hotel - Recommendations Please?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Child Friendly Hotel - Recommendations Please?

I'm thinking of taking my 5 year old to Scarborough for a day out and overnight stay at the end of May. Can anyone recommend a child friendly hotel please? Also any tips on where to go, what to do and where to eat would be much appreciated. Thanks.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Child Friendly Hotel - Recommendations Please?

Florios is very child friendly and on Aberdeen Walk if you like Italian food.. Take your child to have a ride on a donkey -everyone loves donkeys and when I was a child the most magical thing was to go to the North Bay to Peasholm and go on tree walk . There is also the miniature railway that goes from that end so it may be as well to look for accommodation in that area too. the North Bay is less crowded than the South Bay

scarborough
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Child Friendly Hotel - Recommendations Please?

The Mansion House Hotel on the Esplanade is the highest rated guest accommodation in the town (5 stars) - they do accept children of all ages. As to how 'child friendly' it is I couldn't say but the staff seem to be really friendly; read the reviews on the Internet to get some idea. It is very, very good quality though. It is finding the combination of child friendliness,cleanliness and quality at the right price that is your challenge.

Katherine

Edited: 8:35 am, May 15, 2010
yorkshire
Level Contributor
29 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Child Friendly Hotel - Recommendations Please?

I am taking my girls to The Stuart House Hotel this year. Never been before but are friendly to speak to on the phone and prices are reasonable. It is up near the Castle so easy to find your way to either Bay. On the South side, my girls favourite places to eat include, The Welcome Inn, The Sunflower, The little Cafe on the harbour (where the fish market is, Harbour cafe?), The Clock Cafe ( past the Spa).

I found Sealife Centre to be poor value for money.

Donkeys are great fun.

One of the amusement arcades has a room down some stairs with childrens rides in it that are cheaper than those that sit outside, about 20p or 30p a go. Look out for that, my girls make a beeline for it!

The Harbour Bar does fantastic ice-cream. If the normal size look too big for your child ask for a smaller one, it's not advertised so you have to ask for one.

Hope you have a good break, we always enjoy our visits to Scarborough.

4. Re: Child Friendly Hotel - Recommendations Please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 14, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Scarborough