We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to do in filey

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
things to do in filey

can anybody recommend so things to do in filey

also are there any good chippies supermarkets aquatic(selling koi carp) fishing tackle shops in the area ???

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
21 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: things to do in filey

I would recommend that you catch the bus to Scarborough!

Joking aside, from what I remember from a day trip to Filey many years ago there was a run down boating lake south of the town and a few amusements in the beach area of the town. There is bound to be a chip shop, but I don't think there would be much else there.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,851 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: things to do in filey

Hi fussydave. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Pickering England
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: things to do in filey

Filey has a blue flag beach, nice walk out onto the Brig,a country park, crazy golf and a few amusements.

There are a couple of newly refurbished bar/restaurants on the front and the usual pubs and cafes.

Great if the sun is shining and you have kids or for sn evening stroll.

Otherwise would suggest go to Scarborough, Bridlington and Whitby for a day each. Also birds at Bempton, Sewerby Hall, Burton Agnes hall and Sledmere House.

You can go sea fishing from all the resorts

scarborough
Level Contributor
55 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: things to do in filey

I have had day trips to Filey in the past and echo previous comments regards that it is fine when weather is okay. It is a nice beach to go for a swim and myself and my daughter enjoyed playing badminton and frisbee at the country park (and the swings). We also visited St Oswald's church but that's not everyone's cup of tea. There's a little museum but it is only open on certain days at certain times.

Must admit, I've had quite a few customer's who have simply driven through Filey as they could not find anything to do. However, if you want the simple things - dip in the sea, picnic and a walk it's certainly a nice place to spend an afternoon.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: things to do in filey

I love Ingham's Chip Shop in Filey, you can eat in or take away.I've never been dissapointed (except when we went once out of season at 7pm and it was shut, but that was our fault for not checking!)

trustedplaces.com/review/uk/filey/restaurant…

GEORDIELAND
Level Contributor
929 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: things to do in filey

In a word ,well 2 - NOT MUCH,Beach not that good as tide comes right in, its a typical run down british seaside resort, even the parks play equipemnt for the kids not upto standard,thers no way you could spend a week here unless you used it for a base

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
281 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: things to do in filey

Good Koi carp centre in Driffield and I can second the suggestion for Inghams fish and Chips.

I can think of four fishing tackle shops in Scarborough

One on Upper victoria road, Newborough near Britannia Pub, End of foreshore road near luna park and Boyes on Queen street (Upstairs). Sorry can't think of any in Filey.

Filey golf club and theres a nice course in Hunmanby.

Theres 3 boats that go out of Scarborough harbour that do fishing trips.

Large morrisons in Eastfield 5 miles away.

Mark.

filey
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: things to do in filey

Friends of filey childcare day nursery are holding a balloon race on sunday 24th launchs at 11am and 2pm tickets £1 available on the day on the coble landing. Many prizes to be won furthest balloon wins

9. Re: things to do in filey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, November 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Scarborough
Recent Conversations