We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

primrose valley whats it like???

Which Scarborough hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
primrose valley whats it like???

I am thinking of going on one of them sun holidays to primrose valley as it seems to have everything on it that we are after (fishing lake entertainment swimming pool) what are the good and bad points on this park is there anything to be avoided?

North Yorks, England
Level Contributor
311 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: primrose valley whats it like???

Stayed here once (Easter before last) and I hated it, it is so large and full of some very unsavoury types it felt like like being on a really rough estate somewhere. Bad points are it being so huge and all the extra activities (boats, funfair etc) cost so much money. Good points - near to beach, nice walk into Filey along beach (good couple of miles tho!) and the caravan they gave us was nice and comfortable.

If you like holiday park entertainment (i Don't) you'll probably like it - loadsa arcade type machines too and bingo etc.

I would not return.

Skegness, United...
Level Contributor
550 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: primrose valley whats it like???

try reighton sands slighty less chavs

redcar
Level Contributor
556 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: primrose valley whats it like???

primrose valley is the biggest park in that area ,its not 2 bad its had a lot of money spent on it .You can get some chavs there but you always get that .Book a good caravan dont book the basic you really do get what you pay for .i carnt comment on reighton sands as ive never been .but dont go 2 blue dolphin

Nottingham
Level Contributor
163 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: primrose valley whats it like???

My family has been to Primrose Valley three times on for the 3 night weekend breaks on the Sun Offers.

The children really enjoy the holidays, and we have found the caravans to be comfortable and clean. We have gone in the Autumn and the vans can be chilly at night, so worth taking hot water bottles etc.

It is a large site, and this can mean a 10 minute walk to the main entertainment complex. It is always a little bit luck of the draw who you end up staying near to on these sites, but I have not had the feeling of being on a rough estate when staying there.

The complex has two large bars, and a good range of entertainment, but the arcades can be expensive, and the food on sale is pricy. The pool is good fun for the children, but not enormous, so best to try and go in towards the end of a session when it may be a bit quieter.

Worth checking the Haven site for late deals, as these are about the same price as the Sun, after you add in the extras like entertainment passes and linen to the Sun price.

We like Primrose Valley, and will be going back there again. Scarborough and Bridlington are both good resorts to visit from the site.

5. Re: primrose valley whats it like???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, October 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Scarborough