We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sea life centre

county durham uk
Level Contributor
369 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
sea life centre

going to Scarborough for the day tomorrow and im just wondering how much entry is to the sea life centre (for adults and children)

is their a family ticket that i can buy and will i have to pay for my 4 yr old son

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Scarborough
Scarborough
Scarborough District, UK
Pickering England
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sea life centre

Doesn't their website have this info?

If not suggest Scarborough TIC

Mentioned in this post
Scarborough
Scarborough
Scarborough District, UK
county durham uk
Level Contributor
369 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sea life centre

cant find their website

Rothesay, United...
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sea life centre

Yes it is difficult to find!

I tried Scarborough Sea Life Centre (with and without capitals) and it took me straight to Scarborough Sea Life Centre. Also on the same 1st search page were: 20% discount coupons for the centre; a general UK wide Sea Life Centre site with details of all such centres giving prices for all AND mentioning an after 3pm special at Scarborough; the local tourist site with details; quite a few more.

Mentioned in this post
Scarborough
Scarborough
Scarborough District, UK
scarborough
Level Contributor
55 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sea life centre

There are special offer tickets available at retailers in Scarborough e.g. half price entry or children go free with each paying adult. Without these offers it is a little expensive.

Last week we walked to the Sealife centre with my two nephews (aged 3 and 4), I'm sure the price for children up to 10 years was £9.50. It wasn't the price that put us off it was the sheer amount of people queuing. We concluded that it was so busy it would have been near impossible for my two small nephews to see what was in the tanks and too noisy for them to hear the information if we read it out to them or hear their questions. We will go back later in the year not at peak season. Perhaps if you are able to get there early it might be better... Good luck.

An additional point, if the weather is really bad I would avoid the Sealife centre as it tends to be mobbed because it is partially an indoor attraction.

Mentioned in this post
Scarborough
Scarborough
Scarborough District, UK
scarborough
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sea life centre

look for the 2 for 1 vouchers which are about in town as full price tickets are well overpriced.

scarborough
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sea life centre

make sure you get some 2 for 1 tickets to justify the family entrance fee.Plus you will have to pay for the car park,but not sure how much this is now.But paying for it all full price is costly .Not sure about the fee for little ones,but don't pay full price,its not worth it.

W.Bay
Level Contributor
11 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sea life centre

Just been with my family and if we had to pay full price it would have been a rip off. However, all the Hotels and B&B's have leaflets for cheaper entry. We got in for half price and that wasn't too bad. They were filming a documentry for the BBC so the place was very busy and in spite of the summer we're having the building was very hot. The seal rescue centre was a highlight as was the giant turtle they found off the coast of Greece.

Usual Sea Life Centre stuff but you know what to expect? Worth a visit but don't pay full price!

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
8. Re: sea life centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, October 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Scarborough