We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Totally let down by Hotel Henlaina, need somewhere else NICE

england
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Totally let down by Hotel Henlaina, need somewhere else NICE

Just left a reveiw on Hotel Helaina, never even got their but what a total mess about!, would not recomend!.

We want to stay for one poss 2 nights at end of MArch but i dont like chintzy old B&B, it HAS to be nice like the pics of Helaina inside...please help me find something!

Pickering England
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Totally let down by Hotel Henlaina, need somewhere else NICE

Look on www.yorkshiremoorsandcoast.com and then the Best of the Best link-this is all Gold and Silver award winners and AA highly commended-you should not go wrong with any of these although further up the scale you go better it should be.

england
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Totally let down by Hotel Henlaina, need somewhere else NICE

Thanks for that will havea look in a bit...wish i could learn to read my posts first, ive spelt it Henlaina in title 8-(

Scarborough, Uk
Level Contributor
39 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Totally let down by Hotel Henlaina, need somewhere else NICE

Try the Clarence Gardens Hotel, newly decorated and on the same road as the Helaina.

scarborough england
Level Contributor
245 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Totally let down by Hotel Henlaina, need somewhere else NICE

deanozoff80 would that be dean as in the co owners of the clarence gardens hotel and travellodge

Pickering England
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Totally let down by Hotel Henlaina, need somewhere else NICE

Not another owner trying to anonymously guide customers to his/her property.

If they have to do it at least be up front

Scarborough, Uk
Level Contributor
39 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Totally let down by Hotel Henlaina, need somewhere else NICE

Not co-owners, used to work there so I can give first hand advice on the qulaity of the place.

scarborough england
Level Contributor
245 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Totally let down by Hotel Henlaina, need somewhere else NICE

Sorry it just seems a coincidence that the owners name is Dean. On your photo you look very similar to the owners son.

scarborough
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Totally let down by Hotel Henlaina, need somewhere else NICE

Agreed Dizzyone, this poster never misses an opportunity to publicise or recommend these two hotels. Problem is though, if you look on other websites they get quite mixed reviews. This is also an independent Travel and Holdiay Lodge - not part of the chain (a common misconception). I personally do not see how places that cater for school parties (being an ex teacher) can offer the highest levels of quality and peace and quiet (but that's my opinion).

scarborough
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Totally let down by Hotel Henlaina, need somewhere else NICE

Hmm, quality of the Independent Scarborough Travel and Holiday Lodge - where those 20+ noisy squaddies were staying last weekend... For me, quality is as much about the physical fabric of a place, to the food and service it offers but also the peace, quiet and ambience of an establishment.

10. Re: Totally let down by Hotel Henlaina, need somewhere else NICE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, September 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Scarborough