We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Shop - Gift Voucher

Which Bedford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Antarctica
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,242 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Nice Shop - Gift Voucher

Hi,

I have a friend in Bedford - I would like to organise a gift voucher for her. Could anyone recommend a nice shop - art or art and crafts - where I could consider?

I don't want to ask straight out - it might give the game away. When I visited her a few months ago, she didn't mention any particular favourites.

Many Thanks.

B.

Antarctica
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,242 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Shop - Gift Voucher

Anyone, please?

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Shop - Gift Voucher

I was going to suggest Lakeland (not just crafts) but there doesn't appear to be one anywhere near Bedford. I'm lucky in having 2 within half an hour of me. It's my favourite shop for all the things you never knew you needed.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Bedford, UK
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice Shop - Gift Voucher

Been trying to think of somewhere suitable but not had much luck. There is an Art Centre in Bedford which sells a wide range of items for artists/craft making. Not sure if this was the type of shop you were thinking of or whether it was more of a art/craft gift shop you wanted.

I doubt that the Art Centre would have gift vouchers but you can contact them on 01234 344784.

Another alternative is a National Garden gift voucher. There are a couple of good garden centres in the area and I know the one at Milton Ernest a few miles outside Bedford has a craft section.

Sorry cannot be of any more help - Bedford is not known for its shopping. Most shops are of the major chain store variety which you can find in any town centre.

Antarctica
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,242 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice Shop - Gift Voucher

Coppernob and Gilligan, thank you very much for your help - it is appreciated. Perhaps I might ask her directly...

And apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Its rather frazzled workwise at the moment.

Happy Christmas to you both.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice Shop - Gift Voucher

And a merry christmas to you too!

I second the garden centre voucher idea. Quick google shows this place, which does gift vouchers. If it's anything like round my way, it'll offer a wide range of things from plants (like d'uh!)through to smellies, ornaments, clothing and stuff. I know it's not arts and crafts, but I'm sure your friend would find something she'd like.

www.frostsgroup.com/Centres/Willington/

Antarctica
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,242 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice Shop - Gift Voucher

Gilligan - that Frosts link is fab. They have a dog as well, so if they don't like the plants (they have a small garden) then the dog gets it :o))

Thank you so much for your time and trouble.

7. Re: Nice Shop - Gift Voucher

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 pm, September 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bedford