We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Pubs in Taunton Area

Level Contributor
2,466 posts
Save Topic
Favorite Pubs in Taunton Area

Earthshaker, you mentioned The Anchor in Somerset in another thread.

An excellent pub.

In general I find the better pubs are away from town center in smaller villages.

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Favorite Pubs in Taunton Area

Hi DonBon.....

Somerset UK
Destination Expert
for Devon
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Favorite Pubs in Taunton Area

Yes KES I agree but where this time?

There can't be many that Jack (and perhaps you too) hasn't been to by now!!

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Favorite Pubs in Taunton Area

I'd like to try Clavelshay Barn for a Food meet, or Podshavers. For a Pub Meal, how about The Farmers at Combe Florey, or Queens Arms, Pitminster? Pub for a drink, Old Inn, Bishops Hull or the Victory..?

Level Contributor
2,466 posts
Save Reply
74. Re: Favorite Pubs in Taunton Area

I walked out to the Victory today and it was closed up tight. I haven't been there in several months so I will have to investigate. ( that was a 3 mile walk, most of it in very slippery mud

Podshavers is supposed to be good. Is it a restaurant or pub?

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: Favorite Pubs in Taunton Area

Podshavers is pure Restaurant Jack.

Somerset,England
Level Contributor
974 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: Favorite Pubs in Taunton Area

Jack, Is this the Victory at Allerford Crossing you went to. Sad if this is closed as this was one of our favourite pubs about 10 years ago. Even though we live in North Somerest we used to go down there often as it was an excellent pub to take the kids with the train carriage, the real trains at the crossing, the animals and the family room. Better still for me it had an amazing range of real ales which you couldn't get anywhere else at that time and good food. Unfortunately my wife had her purse taken once and it ruined our view of it and last time we went a couple of years ago it just wasn't as good.

77. Re: Favorite Pubs in Taunton Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, August 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Taunton