We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking in Taunton Deane

Which Taunton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Walking in Taunton Deane

This summer we have had to spend some days in Taunton while our daughter took part in sporting activity. While looking for something to do I came across the Taunton Deane Borough Council Circular Walks on the internet. We did four and found them to be usually accurate and well marked. The route map includes information on the local area and the walks were interesting and scenic. Well done Taunton Deane BC.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
26,263 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking in Taunton Deane

Glad you enjoyed it Kernewes. I had a look and there are certainly plenty to choose from.

The further you go into West Somerset (Taunton to Exmoor) the more walking you get, and in some lovely places. There is an amazing amount of freedom in this part of the world to get out and about with lovely views & tea rooms & pubs on the way.

Somerset UK
Destination Expert
for Devon
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking in Taunton Deane

I've got about a dozen of them which you can also pick up from the tourist information office in Taunton library and in some community offices e,g Wellington.

There used to be guided walks too but I don't know who runs them now.

3. Re: Walking in Taunton Deane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, March 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Taunton