We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exeter or Taunton??

UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Exeter or Taunton??

I'm going to be starting a new job in taunton in May. I currently live in Plymouth and so want to move somewhere closer to work. I can't decide where to move to; Exeter or taunton. Looking to rent first of all. It would be myself and partner in mid-late 20's. I roughly know Exeter and don't really know taunton at all. Anyone got advice on which would be better?? Also what areas of Exeter and taunton are nice to live in? looking for quietish area. Would really appreciate some advice and info from anyone that knows exeter or taunton well. Thanks!

UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Exeter or Taunton??

Info on Trull and Cotford Saint Luke Please!

World
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Exeter or Taunton??

Traveller043,

Trull is a Village, on the Southern outskirts of Taunton. Pleasant, and can be pretty quiet, as long as you don't get on the main Road out of Taunton. Decent Pub, the Winchester (not to be confused with the one in Taunton town centre, next to the Bus Station).

Cotford St. Luke is pretty much a 'New Village' built around the old buildings of an old 'Home'. It's a few miles out of Town, and not so convenient for your proposed workplace.

Of the two places, personally, I would suggest Trull, but with the provision of saying it might depend on exactly where in Trull.

Somerset UK
Destination Expert
for Devon
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Exeter or Taunton??

Cotford St Luke is, as drawsmap says, a new village started about 9 years ago. Probably its biggest drawback is the time it takes to get to the UKHO as, depending on the time of day, traffic queues on the Cross Keys roundabout can be quite lengthy and there is no feasible alternative route.

Trull is one of the nicer areas of Taunton but also, along with parts of the Staplegrove area, one of the more expensive areas.

I think you might be better renting first to see whether you like an area rather than buying.

Mentioned in this post
Cotford St Luke
Cotford St Luke
Taunton, UK
Cross Keys
Cross Keys
558 Reviews
Taunton, UK
14. Re: Exeter or Taunton??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:25 am, October 31, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Taunton