We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, Poole

London, United...
Level Contributor
614 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Las Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, Poole

Could someone let me know if this restaurant has closed down? It was on the harbour and we went there some years ago and remember it as the only decent Mexican restaurant we have ever visited in the UK. Such a shame if it's gone out of business.

Edited: 8:03 am, June 22, 2013
Bournemouth, United...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, Poole

Thanks so much for for the compliments. We sold the restaurant ten years ago when my little girl was almost six. We had it for ten years and have lots of happy memories. We did love trying to make our food as authentic as possible. My partner Eric imported a lot from Mexico. Eric is now retired and spends a lot of his time travelling and I still cook locally http://tansyskitchen.blogspot.co.uk/

London, United...
Level Contributor
614 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, Poole

Thank you very much for letting us know what happened to the restaurant. Eric doesn't sound like a Mexican name so he did a very good job?! It looks as if we'll have to rely on trips to the States for decent Mexican food. It's better there than the Cancun/Yucatan area, the only part of Mexico I've visited.

Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, Poole

Hi I came to your restaurant about 12 years ago. My husband was in poole for business and we visited your place quite often. I absolutely loved your chimichangas with your special mango chutney. To this date we talk about your food and the fact that they were the best chimichangas we ever tasted. We were actually planning to visit poole this weekend just to eat your food when I found this thread. I'm really sad that you're no longer in business. But I will always cherish the memory of having the privilege of enjoying your food.

4. Re: Las Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, Poole

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, December 03, 2015