We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rising Sun - Poole ** Child Unfriendly ** Any others?

Which Poole hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Rising Sun - Poole ** Child Unfriendly ** Any others?

Hi

We recently tried to eat at the Rising Sun in Poole, and they have a policy of telling anyone who tries to eat with a baby / toddler that they will be asked to leave if the child cries. Are there any other places in Poole with such child unfriendly policies?

Cheers

KP

Dorset
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Rising Sun - Poole ** Child Unfriendly ** Any others?

Personally, I think that any restaurant that puts the comfort and enjoyment of its customers first is one that we would happily endorse. Also being parents, we do not believe an evening restaurant is a suitable environment to take a young child to unless it is an establishment that is specifically marketed as child friendly, to which we would now keep a million miles away from! To give this restaurant a score of 3 for food quality without actually sampling the menu is pathetic, we have eaten there on several occasions and the food, staff and ambiance have been excellent.

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
873 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Rising Sun - Poole ** Child Unfriendly ** Any others?

@Knight643,

Just a thought:

I suspect your posting was intended as support for the owners, but wouldn't you have supported them more by allowing this old posting to die?

Broadland
Level Contributor
541 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Rising Sun - Poole ** Child Unfriendly ** Any others?

TravelHappy - people are always posting to old threads!

Actually the Rising Sun sounds like the sort of place I'd go to.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Rising Sun - Poole ** Child Unfriendly ** Any others?

you asked if any other pubs in the area are child unfriendly and I have to report that the Silent Woman near Wareham lets dogs inside but not kids ! I posted a review about the time we tried to eat there but ended up having to go elsewhere and I see from recent reviews that they are still the same.

At least we have this web site to help us find places that are worth the visit !

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Rising Sun - Poole ** Child Unfriendly ** Any others?

I sometimes drink in there though have never eaten and I think they would have told you to take your child outside if they were screaming, not leave the restaurant. They are all extremely nice people and very polite and often have children in there so saying it is not child friendly is a bit unfair. The outside area is covered and heated so no real problem for you to go outside and to be honest, think of the other customers and their dining experience.

A Question I would like to ask is was your child crying/screaming already?

16. Re: Rising Sun - Poole ** Child Unfriendly ** Any others?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 am, May 21, 2015