We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

John Constable Exhibition at Christchurch Mansion in Ipswich

Ipswich
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
John Constable Exhibition at Christchurch Mansion in Ipswich

Christchurch Mansion has for a long time held the largest collection of Constable and Gainsborough paintings outside of London.

However, the collection has recently been enhanced by the loan of more works from various London museums, as well as private collections. This includes his palette and paintbox.

The loans finish on 30/06/13, so if you want to see the whole thing, get your skates on.

See allaboutipswich.com/whats-on/…Fantastic-Art-

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: John Constable Exhibition at Christchurch Mansion in Ipswich

Thank you. Have been thinking about going and knowing that cut-off date is useful.

Ipswich
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: John Constable Exhibition at Christchurch Mansion in Ipswich

You can use the www.allaboutipswich.com event entry to add a diary date to your calendar too which is useful.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,513 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: John Constable Exhibition at Christchurch Mansion in Ipswich

I don't think we have to be in too much of a hurry to get our skates on as it actually finishes on 30 June 2014. Still, nothing to stop us going early and going often!

Ipswich
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: John Constable Exhibition at Christchurch Mansion in Ipswich

I got my info from here - cimuseums.org.uk/schools/news/constable-coll… - and as it doesn't mention a year, I assumed it was this year.

If it is 2014 then I'll be delighted.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,513 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: John Constable Exhibition at Christchurch Mansion in Ipswich

I got the 2014 from the link you gave in your original post.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,513 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: John Constable Exhibition at Christchurch Mansion in Ipswich

I think the allaboutipswich site probably got it wrong. Now I think about it, it seems implausible that the paintings would have been loaned until the middle of next year.

Edited: 3:53 pm, May 18, 2013
Ipswich
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: John Constable Exhibition at Christchurch Mansion in Ipswich

I've had it confirmed from a reliable source that the existing loans end on 30/06/13, but that new loans will probably replace them.

8. Re: John Constable Exhibition at Christchurch Mansion in Ipswich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 21, 2014