We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need a reasonably priced hotel near the ipswich regent...

USA
1 post
Save Topic
need a reasonably priced hotel near the ipswich regent...

I will be going to the Ipswich Regent Theatre at

3 St Helens St ...this summer.

Can anyone help me with the hotel inforomation.

Also, it would be nice to know if there is a hotel within

walking distance of the venue .

And it would be nice to know how close it is to the

train station...for the train to London.

Thanks.

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: need a reasonably priced hotel near the ipswich regent...

Until someone who knows Ipswich shows up here, you may want to go to www.multimap.com, enter the postal code for the Regent Theatre, IP4 1HE, which will give a map of Ipswich. Below the map, it tells you the distance to the train station (0.9 miles). Clicking on the "Multimap book hotels" button just below the map gives you nearby hotels.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,244 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need a reasonably priced hotel near the ipswich regent...

The Ipswich tourism website is being redesigned but there a couple of possibilities. There is a nice sounding B&B called Burlington Lodge about 10 minutes walk west of the town centre. You can e-mail them at burlingtonlodge@bigfoot.com. There is a modren Novotel hotel in the town centre in Greyfriars Road. Not sure how far it is to the theatre but Ipswich is not that big

The train station is 10 minutes walk from Cornhill, the main street.

Good luck and please let me know if you need more exact info,

Adam C

Suffolk. UK
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: need a reasonably priced hotel near the ipswich regent...

I live in Ipswich and I would stay at the Salthouse Harbour Hotel. It is reasonable priced for a four star and is just a mile from the train station and a pleasant 20 minute walk from the regent. The hotel is on Ipswich waterfront and is the newest hotel in Ipswich. Hope this helps.

Ipswich, UK
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need a reasonably priced hotel near the ipswich regent...

The nearest hotel to the Regent is the Great White Horse which is no more than 200 yards from the theatre. It is famous as the hotel in which Charles Dickens stayed while writing Pickwick Papers. I live in Ipswich so have had no cause to stay there, however, I am informed that although old, it is good value for money considering its central location.

If you wish for something a little more upmarket then the Salthouse on the quayside is an excellent option, about a 15 minute walk from the Regent and also close to the Station.

There is the slightly bland option of the Novotel, between town and station, and if you want to be close the the station and don't mind cheap and cheerless then the Station Hotel is directly opposite.

At the end of the day, Ipswich is na very manageable town and everything is within walking distance, and a cab will get you to any of these places in little over five minutes. Enjoy your stay.

england
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: need a reasonably priced hotel near the ipswich regent...

hello i know a lovely bed and breakfast its THE FIRS up old norwich road its lovely clean and the owners r lovely i stayed here last year alot with my boyfriend who now has his own place in ipswich i would go n stay there u will find the number at the tourist imformation my email is abbotttracey2005@yahoo.co.uk if u wish to find out more most of the other b and bs in ipswich r awful esp the station hotel opp the station thats awful

england
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: need a reasonably priced hotel near the ipswich regent...

hello i know a lovely bed and breakfast its THE FIRS up old norwich road its lovely clean and the owners r lovely i stayed here last year alot with my boyfriend who now has his own place in ipswich i would go n stay there u will find the number at the tourist imformation my email is abbotttracey2005@yahoo.co.uk if u wish to find out more most of the other b and bs in ipswich r awful esp the station hotel opp the station thats awful