We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suffolk Pride 13 September

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,512 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Suffolk Pride 13 September

The first 'Suffolk Pride' takes place in Christchurch Park, Ipswich, on Sunday, 13 September from 12 to 6pm. As far as I am aware this is the first major gay event in Ipswich, though anyone can go along, of course, and it's free.

http://www.suffolkpride.co.uk/

Islington
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suffolk Pride 13 September

Thanks for this. It could be a pleasant day out from London. Will Ipswich become the next Brighton, I wonder? :o)

Suffolk
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suffolk Pride 13 September

Well done Suffolk Pride! Good initiative and maybe Ipswich will become a less busy but still buzzy alternative to Brighton?

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,512 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suffolk Pride 13 September

I took a stroll to the Pride event later on in the day and despite somewhat overcast weather there wasn't a bad turnout, though it has a way to go before it reaches the scale of some similar events London and Brighton! They had a link-up with the Stonewall Bar in New York, though I suspect that at 12.30 on a Sunday in New York there were not many people actually in the Stonewall yet. I had a wry smile on my way there as I walked past the Greyhound and saw the big Rainbow flag hanging above the door. I recalled the time I used to go in there years ago with my dad and some of his cronies. How times have changed ;-)

4. Re: Suffolk Pride 13 September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 24, 2010