We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Freston Boot

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
180 reviews
Freston Boot

How do you get a critical but objective review of the Freston Boot published? I have tried 3 times and it NEVER gets passed. I smell a rat. It’s almost as if the Freston Boot are in league with TripAdvisor to ensure no negative reviews get issued. I’ve followed TA guidelines carefully and nothing I’ve written is offensive or unfair. I get no explanation of why my opinion is being rejected. I’ve used TA for years now both to find good places to eat or stay and have always given balanced, objective comment. If my latest attempt fails,I think I’ll just close my account as TA seem not to be trusted to be impartial.

6 replies to this topic
Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,655 posts
31 reviews
1. Re: Freston Boot

Here is one possibility. Sometimes TA will email a reviewer to confirm they wrote the review. If this email went to your spam folder or to an email account you don't often use, you might not have seen their request for confirmation and won't have responded to it, so the review would not be published.

Without knowing what you actually wrote, it's difficult for anyone here to tell if you inadvertently violated any guidelines.

Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11,691 posts
448 reviews
2. Re: Freston Boot

I’ve written a fair few reviews and have never been asked for verification by TA?

How long ago did you write as the odd one can take many days to go through, but i’ve never had a “fail”, unconsciously breaching guidelines is most likely, have you had reviews of other places accepted?

Best followed up in https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i…

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
180 reviews
3. Re: Freston Boot

I’ve posted 161 reviews and every one of those has been passed and published within a few days. I’ve never had any email about a review from TA. Among my reviews I reckon maybe 95% have been good experiences. The 5% of poor or bad experiences have always had fair but critical reviews and all have been published.

It’s interesting that the Freston Boot only seems to have favourable reviews posted. I had a problem with a seriously undercooked....well almost raw meat...burger and had to fight off flies incessantly buzzing us as we ate....indoors! The food was overpriced and unappetising, and I said so. How can such comment breach TA’s guidelines?

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
180 reviews
4. Re: Freston Boot

I did get a message asking me to rewrite my review. I did so choosing my words and comments very carefully, being critical but fair. No publication again. I submitted a third review as a month had by now passed. No publication. What’s worse, it’s impossible to contact TA. Their Help page is anything but helpful. There’s no email address I can find anywhere, no phone number. I wrote a review of another restaurant 3 days ago and it’s been published. I just wish I knew what’s going on and someone would explain it to me.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,655 posts
31 reviews
5. Re: Freston Boot

In the last few days there have been several 2/5 and 3/5 reviews of the Freston Boot.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Rev…

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
258 posts
142 reviews
6. Re: Freston Boot

Somewhere down the line you must have inserted a word or a combination of words that breach TA guide lines i have earlier this year slated a couple of restaurants and both were published. Did you not see the menu when ordering if so you would have seen the prices so this could be the problem why your review was not published .

Reply to: Freston Boot
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted