We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Stansted to Ipswich

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Taxi Stansted to Ipswich

Any reliable taxi service? I've got cold feet reading some very bad reviews of Hawk cabs.

7 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,611 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: Taxi Stansted to Ipswich

Maybe someone will pitch in with a local taxi but blackberrycars.com/distance-transfers/… have a good reputation.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Taxi Stansted to Ipswich

Thanks Ronaldo.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
258 posts
142 reviews
3. Re: Taxi Stansted to Ipswich

I've used hawk cabs on many occasions and found to be ok but being never Needham Market I also use Needham market cabs to both Gatwick and Southend air ports they have a smaller fleet and lower prices have never been let down even if flight is delayed

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
258 posts
142 reviews
4. Re: Taxi Stansted to Ipswich

Sorry should have said nearer

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
12,219 posts
89 reviews
5. Re: Taxi Stansted to Ipswich

Rather than a taxi you could get a National Express coach.

nationalexpress.com/coach/Landing/route.aspx… to ipswich&utm_campaign=UK|EN|GO|GEN|E|Stansted to Ipswich

Takes an extra 30 mins but only £15

Bob

Edited: 4:45 am, November 19, 2017
Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: Taxi Stansted to Ipswich

The official taxi company at Stansted is called 24x7. They have a desk inside the airport terminal.

They are as good as any taxi company. Depends on your budget - there may be some cheaper companies if you do a bit of research, but I would recommend 24x7.

I use them all the time to get home (Stansted is one of my nearest trains stations as well as nearest airport).

They will tell you up front exactly what it will cost you and you can pay by card at the desk. You will probably be able to get a taxi straight away without booking.

Stansted to Ipwsich is going to take about an hour by car, depending on when you are travelling.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,655 posts
31 reviews
7. Re: Taxi Stansted to Ipswich

I agree with the suggestion of Blackberry or 24x7 (based at Stansted). There are taxi firms in Ipswich, but given that Stansted is about an hour's drive away, they could be reluctant to commit themselves. It's always better to get a taxi based close to the place you're leaving from. Stansted-Ipswich is not as busy a taxi route as Heathrow-central London, so ordinary taxi firms may be more cautious about committing themselves to a distant pick-up.

Reply to: Taxi Stansted to Ipswich
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted