We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Snowdonia - walking routes

London, England...
1 post
Save Topic
Getting to Snowdonia - walking routes

Hi there!

I've never posted on TripAdvisor, but here goes.

I'm planning on going to Llandudno from April 21st-22nd. I was hoping to use Llandudno as a base to go on walking trails in Snowdonia National Park. Is there a transportation system that goes from Llandudno to any of the walking trails in Snowdonia?

~Amanda

London, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Snowdonia - walking routes

You will need to look at the bus website and work it out. I would say its not all that easy to get to Snowdon itself, but you can get to places where you can walk. There is a train (and bus) from Llandudno to Betws y Coed where I think you can get a bus to Snowdon itself or walk directly up into the woods. The same train or bus takes you to on to Dolwyddellan, and Roman Bridge, from both of which you can walk in the valley and up on to the mountains. You will need a 1:25,000 map. If you go on to Blaenau Ffestiniog, you can walk down the valley south and get a bus back up. Its also posible to walk up on to the Moelwyns to the west from Blaenau, A good walk is get the bus to Blaenau, get a taxi back on yourself to the top of the Crimea Pass (or maybe the bus will stop at the top?), and then walk down the Lledr valley on the wild footpath to the west of the road, to pick up the bus or train home at any point when you flag - all down hill. You could have three or four good days off the Conway Valley train and bus route, but you wont have seen the more massive and rugged Snowdon area itself.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,945 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Snowdonia - walking routes

Hi Amanda and welcome to the forums .

If I were you I would base yourself in Betws y Coed ,2 days using Llandudno as a base is just not long enough for all that traveling to get to Snowdonia.

http://www.visitsnowdonia.info/

3. Re: Getting to Snowdonia - walking routes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:41 am, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Llandudno