We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice pubs and bars please!

England
Level Contributor
231 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Nice pubs and bars please!

Hi there, we are a married couple in our 40s and wondered if you could suggest some really nice bars/pubs for us to go to. Any with outside space/sea view?

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4,851 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Nice pubs and bars please!

We watched a family group on the promenade finding it extremely funny throwing bits of their sandwiches up for the gulls to catch............Then there were screams and tears as one of the little girls carried on eating her sandwich and a couple of gulls came swooping in to get it !

When we got fish & chips in Conway I sat with my head more or less inside the polystyrene carton eating them , the icecream experience scared me so much.

Edited: 1:28 pm, June 08, 2012
Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Nice pubs and bars please!

The seagulls in Llandudno and that part of the cost are the most agressive we have ever come across. That's because the stupid idiots that feed them have made them associate humans with food. If you feed them they're ok but if you don't they get very agressive and try to take it anyway. Last year I got a bag of doughnuts off their pier. I wasn't eating them, just carryng them back to the hotel and a seagull gouged a nasty wound into my head with its talons. It still hasn't properly healed 12 months later. In Colwyn Bay, the seagulls tried to take ice cream off a young boy, missed and gouged his eye out. His father has taken up falconry and regularly walks through Colwyn Bay with very big hawks scaring the seagulls away (sometimes visits LLandudno too and you should see the seagulls scatter).

So a message to those idiotic parents and tourists who ignore the "don't feed the gulls signs", it could be you or your kids loosing your eyes next time if you stupidly inist on feeding the gulls.

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
667 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Nice pubs and bars please!

We have the same problem in Borth & Aberystwyth, people thinking it's nice to feed the cute gulls. If you ask them not to do it you just get told where to go.

I was visiting Exeter & Sidmouth in Devon last week, same thing there.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Nice pubs and bars please!

Would like to comment on the Albert Pub, which was recommended to me, not by the hotel where I was staying .. but other people.

I had high hopes, and indeed their price list reflects the 'high' part. I ordered prawn cocktail and scampi. The cocktail had those tiny, wormlike prawns with tired looking greenery, and a few slices of cherry tomatoes. The cocktail sauce was too much for the little wormy prawns, and moreover, very vinegary. Awful. Scampi was bog standard, very small portion, and the handcut chips were mainly burned, and tasted as if the cooking oil had been in use for too long. Horrible.

The lady who cleared my table was pleasant, but asked in a singsong fashion if all had been ok. I said yes, as I was tired and not ready for a discussion and also, if you clear away two almost full plates, then everything cannot be alright. The price was twenty pounds.

The Albert is substandard and over priced, and overhyped. I will not eat there again.

Birmingham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: Nice pubs and bars please!

DEGANWY BEACH KIOSK, stopped at this nice well run kiosk for some light refreshment with my family for some light refreshment and thought the drinks were good and food excellant, "cheese & chips" what an combination, and the view is fantastic.

Birmingham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: Nice pubs and bars please!

a nice well run kiosk, the drinks were good and the food great, "cheese & chips" what a combination, and the view is fantastic.

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,210 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Nice pubs and bars please!

You should try cheese & chips with curry sauce,sounded revolting,tasted superb!

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,952 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Nice pubs and bars please!

Not exactly a pub or a bar .......:0)

Llansanffraid Glan...
Level Contributor
560 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Nice pubs and bars please!

The kiosk in Deganwy has it's own listing so perhaps that's a better place to write a review than in an unrelated forum - tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1077002…

40. Re: Nice pubs and bars please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 10, 2014