We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Hotel LLandudno

Which Llandudno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
2 posts
Save Topic
Royal Hotel LLandudno

Could anyone please tell me anything about the Royal Hotel Llandudno. We are booked to stay there through a coach company but I am unable to find any mention of it anywhere on the internet. It is described in the brochure as a two star, noted for its food and a short stroll away from pier and promenade. Can anyone comfirm this please? Many thanks.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
754 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Hotel LLandudno

Lived in Llandudno for 18 years and I've never heard of it. I assume its a small B&B on the North Parade so I suppose it will be about a ten minute walk from the town centre down the Promenade.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Hotel LLandudno

The Royal Hotel is in Church Walks practically across the road from the railway up the Orme and about a three minute slight downhill walk to the promenade and the pier. The last time I stayed there, about a year ago, it was an RAC 2 star. You're right about the shortage of information on the internet. I remember when I first went there a few years ago encountering the same difficulty, but don't let it deter you.

The rooms are quite good. The only thing I didn't like were the use of duvets instead of sheets and blankets. I suppose the hotel, like so many others, needs a bit of money spending on it. There's no ballroom-style entertainment although they do have tit-bits of entertainment from time to time. I found the food to be the hotel's strongest point.

Finally, if you like labrador dogs you'll be happy. The proprietress has about three of four of them!

It's not bad at all so don't worry.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Hotel LLandudno

We stayed at the royal hotel on church walks last november through

a coach company.I would say the two stars are about right firstly it's a bit dated they say it's the first purpose built hotel in llandudno and i think it shows,The rooms are nice and large but could do with a good clean plus i don't think they have heard of a duster .As all the hotel could do with a good clean.Now onto the FOOD Breakfast was

terrible the whole meal not cooked properly,evening meal the same

very poor glad we only had three nites there the last nite we ate out.

The Heating in the rooms seemed to be off and on and could be very cold at times very hit and miss.Anyway it might be better now

Good luck llandudno itself is very nice av a good holiday whatever.

Llandudno, North...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Hotel LLandudno

Hello there. I stayed at the royal in April. I found it to be a very enjoyable affair. The staff are most heplful. The food is excellent.

The position of the hotel was very good. It's only a couple of minutes to all the main areas of interest.

Have already booked again for July!!!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Hotel LLandudno

GerryZ please let us all know how you got on with your stay at the ROYAL HOTEL ,As it must have changed a Lot for the better.Going by the last POST.cheers

UK
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Hotel LLandudno

Thank you all so much for your replies, though they have made me a little nervous about the hotel. I am taking a friend and want our stay to be as pleasant as possible, this hotel doesnt read to be what I was hoping for. I've never been to Llandudno before but a friend recommended it as a relaxing break. Could anyone tell me if the railway station is central please and also recommend a decent, exceptionally clean hotel with good food. Thanks again for all your help.

Llanrwst
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Hotel LLandudno

If you really want to impress then look at these two:

For upmarket traditional glamour

walesinstyle.com/WiS/…Osborne_House.aspx

For fresh and trendy

walesinstyle.com/WiS/Places_to_stay/Escape_B…

You get what you pay for!

Hope you enjoy.

Llanrwst
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Hotel LLandudno

Sorry, forgot your station query. The best known hotels are on the north-east beach (Llandudno is a peninsula and has two beaches). The 2 hotels in my post are at the north end of the n-e beach. From the station, head east about 200m, cross the main shopping street, keep going another 100m, turn left along the seafront, and its another 500m to the hotels.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Hotel LLandudno

Hi,

We are thinking of booking the Royal for a twixmas break with a coach company please could you let me know if everything was ok and how steep is the hill.

thanx

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Hotel LLandudno

Stayed at the Royal Hotel a couple of years ago. Terrible experience, one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. Very old decor, poor quality rooms and public areas. Family dogs have run of hotel and garden; my wifes dinner came complete with dog hair. This was the last straw. Definitely avoid unless some major changes have recently been made.

Get answers to your questions about Llandudno