We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather expected for mid July?

London
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather expected for mid July?

Hello, have been to Barbados twice since 2000 but once in March and once in February, have just book a holiday at the tamarind for July it says on all the weather data that it is the rainy season. Does this mean lots of rain and wind/thunderstorms or more frequent short showers and over cast?

Thank you

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
11,121 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather expected for mid July?

Unless there is a tropical storm in the vicinity - would expect the usual type of summer weather - hot, humid, partly cloudy, sunny with intermittent short showers - (cools things off a bit which is nice!) - the odd day can be more cloudy - but generally the wind is not an issue (as it was during last winter -which was very strange!) - And - as you have visited Barbados previously - you know that we get short showers all year around -so other than more humidity and a few more showers - would expect pretty much weather you have seen before - Have a great holiday - enjoy!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,000 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather expected for mid July?

louholla

July is part of our rainy season so I would expect a mixed bag of weather. Some rain, some sunshine but always around 28-30C

Regards

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather expected for mid July?

I have visited 6/7 times in July and the weather is perfect. In all those visits I think we have only had 2/3 days of continual rain. You've booked now. Cant do anything about it. Don't worry, be happy!

London
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather expected for mid July?

Thank you all, forecast looks a mixed bag as BGI says. We are going on Sunday and cannot wait!

X

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather expected for mid July?

Whether the weather be fine,

Whether the weather be not,

Whether the weather be cold,

Whether the weather be hot,

We’ll weather the weather,

Whatever the whether,

Whether we like it or not

~Author Unknown

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,086 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather expected for mid July?

Nice one bp and so very true ! Louholla, you will need a bit of rain to cool you down, have a great holiday !

London
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather expected for mid July?

Hi, well we got here late Sunday afternoon. Weather was fine and humid, Monday fine, however yesterday was a total wash out and if it wasn't raining heavy then the sky was full of cloud which became really boring for hubby and I although kids just played in the pool! I'm outside on the balcony now (6.30am) and I can see the dark clouds in the distance already, It is forecast thunderstorms today! I so hope it clears else we will be so disappointed! Saw an article online yesterday from the (mirror) newspaper which popped up on Google when I was searching the weather, it was saying it will be hotter in the UK than in Barbados this week! Great!

London
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather expected for mid July?

P.s agreed short showers are lovely to cool you done but full days of rain and dark cloud remind me of England and it's depressing when you've travelled all this way!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
549 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather expected for mid July?

I feel your pain louholla!! I've had a few total washouts and it is depressing when you have forked out thousands for a sunshine holiday!

Having said that, it is the rainy season June-October so unfortunately you will get rain, I was there in August 2012 and it rained solid for two days, I remember standing on my balcony bored out of my mind :(

10. Re: Weather expected for mid July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, July 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Paynes Bay