We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St James Apartments or Beach View

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
St James Apartments or Beach View

I am staying in Barbados for a week in late April and need to be close to Sandy Lane Hotel. I have looked at both the St James Apartments and Beach View, could I please get some feedback as to which property would be the better choice? Thanks for any assistance!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,054 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: St James Apartments or Beach View

Whilst Coral Cove is very nice the problem again is that they are 2 bed - 4 bed apartments and are quite expensive pro rata to Beach View to rent, I guess it depends on the OP's budget. I know one of them has a plunge and will rent 1 bedroom which makes it only slightly more expensive than Beach View so it might suit you, I have put the link below.

www.homeaway.co.uk/p88629?uni_id=1006432

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
1 post
46 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: St James Apartments or Beach View

We stayed at the St James Feb 2012 and are going back this Feb. It is fabulous!

13. Re: St James Apartments or Beach View

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, January 03, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: St James Apartments or Beach View

We regularly stay at beachview and can vouch for the positive comments it gets on TA.

The St James is in a nice position but I believe Beachview is a nicer overall property with a fantastic swimming pool and great team in the office that matches the best concierge service you will find anywhere.

Its not number 1 on TA for nothing ....!

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: St James Apartments or Beach View

Hi I am the owner at Mr Vic Bar/restaurant in Paynes Bay. We are located roadside almost opposite The St James and just a short walk from Beachview.

I am familiar with both properties, in terms of location St James takes some beating, though when cruise ships are in, it can be crowded. Robin at Beachview has just been voted best small hotel...he runs a first class show, and though not beach side it is just a step across the road.

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: St James Apartments or Beach View

My wife and I holiday regularly nearby to St James Appartments - the localtion is fabulous and even on cruise ship days, it is never overrun and you have the immediate access to a glorious beach early in the morning to walk by with hardly anyone about. Also, being on the beach you have immediate access to your room if you forget something.And they provide cushioned sun beds on the beach for their guests. I think those at Beach View are quite basic.

south east
Level Contributor
938 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: St James Apartments or Beach View

I have not personally stayed at the St James, but have passed by many times and have visited inside. The accommodation looks to be very nice and always popular with guests. I have seen one apartment at Beachview which is very nicely furnished and the site itself is very nice with the pool. However, we always prefer to be directly on the beach, so would opt for the St James out of the two. However, we prefer to stay at Coral Cove. Although they may be a bit more expensive, the accommodation is superior. The size of the apartments are enormous, and fitted to a very high standard with superb bathrooms and kitchens. The staff in the complex are brilliant and always very helpful, and security is excellent. We have stayed in the apartment that UKtripfan mentions and love the fact it has its own private pool and brilliant access straight on to the beach. I definitely recommend Coral Cove, but I think whichever of the developments you choose, you will have a fantastic time. Paynes Bay is a lovely place to stay.

Bridgetown, Barbados
1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: St James Apartments or Beach View

One needs to be careful who you entrust your dinner reservation requests with when booking into a hotel. We had a customer leave our establishment absolutely livid because the manageress Jennifer had made a dinner reservation for them and promised them one of our "rail table" . At the time of their reservation there were none available but we still had the terrace that she accepted. We not only had a scene when the client came but then we were then told by Jennifer that we should have accommodated him as "he was a visitor to our island". The problem was, so were many of the other diners we had that evening. We must warn you that often promises are made by 3rd parties such as Jennifer because they do not wish to disappoint their clients. This however can cause bigger problems when people do not get the tables they expect. Perhaps making ones own reservations is a safer bet.

Level Contributor
633 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: St James Apartments or Beach View

I have stayed at the st. James apts in april this year and posted a review there which readers should look at. We were more than happy and in particular with Jennifer. We have already booked up for next year. I was however horrified to read the previous post which i have Only seen today. This refers to a booking Jennifer made for us Three weeks in advance for Cin Cin. I assume the poster is the manageress. I wish she had been transparent with her posting and stated her interest. I Do not accept in the slightest what she states in the post. Please read my cin cin Review. Please also read this ladies replies to this and other negative Reviews. It is Always the customers fault!! Eg of the man who left usd 350 for a bajan dollar bill of 700 at the restaurant and the restaurant rang the taxi man to call Them back for 5 usd approx etc etc. Also she supposedly offered Me a bottle of champagne when she did not give us our table. She offered a glass! It was my wifes 50th!! We had booked a table 3 weeks in advance! Jennifer is well capable of making a reservation and had also booked us table 50 the best table at the Cliff. Make your own mind up but st James apts and staff are a pleasure to deal with and we are booked up for next year! I wish i could say the same for cin cin and its New Zealand manageress!!

20. Re: St James Apartments or Beach View

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Paynes Bay