We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will we recognise Pereybere after 13 years?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
6 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Will we recognise Pereybere after 13 years?

My husband and I are considering a trip back to Mauritius last half of November. We have been twice before (1997 and 1999), but can't remember the name of the gueshouse we stayed at in Pereybere (close t the beach).

Looking at different guest houses / apartments etc. now it seems to be a lot of new places, and not easy to decide (we are not for luxury hotels). Would Pereybere be so changed after this long time that we will be disappointed not to find the cozy atmosphere we used to have? I see some say the beaches are crowded - should we rather find somewhere near Troux au Biches, where we enjoyed the quiet beaches before?

We are a couple in mid 60's who love to travel, don't need party places, and would rather spend money on adventures than hotel rooms where we don't spend much time anyway.

Looking forward to any advice - love some of the replies others have got on their posts.

15 replies to this topic
11. Re: Will we recognise Pereybere after 13 years?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, April 14, 2014

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,399 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Will we recognise Pereybere after 13 years?

Odd that you are posting on a thread that is clearly almost two years old. No doubt will be seen as self promotion as it's your first post.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
6 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Will we recognise Pereybere after 13 years?

Thank you for the post. It is now 1,5 years since we did go back to Pereybere, and we did again have a great time in this lovely place! Stayed in Pereybere Hotel & Apartments, which was very nice and central. (Colleagues of mine stayed there a few months later on my recommendation, and was also very satisfied).

I would go back if I get the opportunity. Place has of course changed over the years, but still a perfect holiday resort. Less Scandinavian and British tourists, still many French, and (like everywhere else) many Russians.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,552 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Will we recognise Pereybere after 13 years?

Thanks for the feedback Liv!

It hasnt changed much at all - I still love it :)

London, England
Level Contributor
45 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Will we recognise Pereybere after 13 years?

Hi Bronia.

Couldn't work out how to start a new topic, so am hijacking this thread!

We booked our flights for our annual vist to Pereybere this Nov and December.

As normal, we booked flights directly with Emirates, business class. The cost this year is £600 EACH less than last year, and also less than 2011/2012. Not complaining one bit, obviously :-) but am mildly curious as to why. We normally book the flights around July time, but I do keep an eye on prices, and this month are the lowest I have ever seen them!

Hope you're well

Emma

Reply to: Will we recognise Pereybere after 13 years?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pereybere