We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Days Stavanger and Bergen - Best way to see the Fjords

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
London, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
4 Days Stavanger and Bergen - Best way to see the Fjords

Hi all,

I've booked flights to Bergen and Stavanger for 4 days during Easter, arriving in Bergen airport on 29 March @ 11am and leaving Stavanger Airport on 1 April @ 20:45 pm.

Question: What is the best way for us to see the Fjord with our limited time there? These are our thoughts so far:

1. We have a day max allocated for travelling between Bergen and Stavanger and am open to the most efficient but scenic way to see the Fjords.

2. Alternatively, either at Bergen or Stavanger, we can take a half day cruise to see the Fjord at that area

Now, I am not sure if it's the best use of our time to do both 1 and 2. Any thoughts?

For now, this is how my rough itinerary looks like:

29 Mar - Arrive Bergen 11:30am: Explore Bergen

30 Mar - Get from Bergen to Stavanger (Ferry, Bus or Hire Car) - Explore Stavanger if we have time in the afternoon.

31 Mar - Hike Pulpit Rock

1 Apr - Morning: Explore Bergen, Afternoon: Fjord sightseeing Ferry, Evening: Depart Stavanger at 20:45.

So, any thoughts? I know I may not be allocating enough time for Bergen, but our main aim was to hike Pulpit rock and see the Fjords. Also do advice on the best, scenic way to get to Stavanger, either Bus, Hire Car, or Ferry. We would be more interested in the best experience in terms of seeing what's on offer and prepared to bite the bullet in terms of costs.

Thoughts very much welcomed!

Pulpit Rock
Lookouts, Hiking Trails, Mountains, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,679 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Days Stavanger and Bergen - Best way to see the Fjords

Duplicate posting.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Days Stavanger and Bergen - Best way to see the Fjords

I can't answer you but you have the same question as us! Although we haven't booked flights yet. We also would be going to both Bergen to see a fjord or 2 and then on to Stavanger where some friends of ours now live. So I'm keen to hear how people reply to your comments. Thanks for your question

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
30,887 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Days Stavanger and Bergen - Best way to see the Fjords

Please seek out the origianl post - with plenty of comments.

London, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Days Stavanger and Bergen - Best way to see the Fjords

Yes bjshaw21 - this is my duplicate posting as before this I didn't quite know how tripadvisor works. I had lots of help from some of the regulars - see my original post in the Western Norway forum.

Mentioned in this post
5. Re: 4 Days Stavanger and Bergen - Best way to see the Fjords

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 06, 2014