We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lysebotn Youth Hostel B&B

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Lysebotn Youth Hostel B&B

Hi there,

My friend & I are planning to hike Kjerag (we have no car) & I was wondering if its possible for us to make our way towards this youth hostel (URL below) right after hiking Preikestolen by foot, sleep overnight, and hike Kjerag?

Would it be a better idea if we ..

1) hike preikestolen, sleep in the preikestolen hostel, make our way towards Lysebotyn youth hostel the next day

or

2)hike preikestolen, walk to lysebotn youth hostel (is it far?), sleep at the youth hostel

Would love to hear some of your opinions. Thank you in advance! :)

Amanda

regionstavanger.com/en/…

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lysebotn Youth Hostel B&B

I think you got plenty of replies to that question in your previous posts. Neither 1) nor 2) are possible. (It is possible to walk from Preikestolen to Lysebotn, but it would take 3 days.)

To repeat, to get from Preikestolen to Lysebotn with public transport you must:

A) Return to Stavanger, sleep in Stavanger, take bus to Lauvvik and ferry to Lysebotn next day.

or

B) hike to Bakken Gard, sleep at Bakken Gard, take ferry to Lysebotn next morning.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lysebotn Youth Hostel B&B

Thanks a lot. Sorry about the repetitive questions, as Iam just quite confused as how things will work out. As for your options, which one would you personally choose, if you were in my position?

Amanda

3. Re: Lysebotn Youth Hostel B&B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, June 18, 2013