We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Article about Stavanger's colorful street (norwegian only)

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,157 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Article about Stavanger's colorful street (norwegian only)

I found this article today about Stavanger's colorful street, which is also my favorite street in Stavanger: Øvre Holmegate.

Unfortunately only in Norwegian, but try google translate. There is also a nice guide on the right hand side with a listing of things to do.

dagbladet.no/2011/…

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Article about Stavanger's colorful street (norwegian only)

No offense meant, Pippi, but the only colour I noticed in the article was shocking pink. I think the inhabitants of La Boca in Buenos Aires have a better taste in colours: …wikimedia.org/wikipedia/…LaBoca_ST_98.jpg

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,157 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Article about Stavanger's colorful street (norwegian only)

Good point iverh :-)

Here are some more photos of Øvre Holmegate with colours:

…panoramio.com/photos/original/19715258.jpg

…blogspot.com/_-Yvms8A6iQY/SNZpbD_qHVI/AAAAA…

www.visitnorway.com/uk/Product/%3fpid%3d63111

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Article about Stavanger's colorful street (norwegian only)

Norwegians love colours. Sometimes, when invited to play, we go overboard with pinks and lilacs. Our fellow TA Skywalkerbeth made a brillant photo set focused on colours; flickr.com/photos/…

4. Re: Article about Stavanger's colorful street (norwegian only)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 08, 2012