We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any information about the way from port to airport

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Saint-Petersburg
2 posts
Save Topic
any information about the way from port to airport

Goog day, everybody!

at first excuse me for my inglish,

i need any information about how to go from Stavanger port to Stavanger airport. My ship will arrived at 08-00, I have a flight ticket at 13-30 . How could i go to the airport? Will i have enough time to be in time?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

:-)

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any information about the way from port to airport

You have heaps of time to make it to the airport in time. Your cruise will most likely dock at the harbor in downtown Stavanger. Catch the airport bus from the Radisson BLU hotel by the lake. Ask locals for directions. It will be a short walk, 2-3 minutes, from your cruise ship to the bus stop outside the hotel.

Airport bus departures every half hours during weekdays (8:25, 8:55, 9:25 etc). The bus ride is 25 minutes. www.flybussen.no/stavanger/index.asp?lang=ENG

Spend a few hours to enjoy Stavanger. There are luggage lockers at the train station if needed.

Edited: 2:25 pm, June 26, 2011
Penang
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any information about the way from port to airport

If we are returning from the Pulpit Rock at 4:20pm, is it advicable to take a 6:15pm flight? Is taxi a fastest solution to the airport? (but we still need to get our luggages at the train station) can a taxi take 5 people, is there any larger taxi? Thank you.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any information about the way from port to airport

Please consult the Passenger Guide for check-in times: avinor.no/en/…baggageandcheckin

My guess is that a maxi taxi would be in the same price range as it would be for 5 people to take the airport bus.

Personally I think you are cutting it very close to walk from the ferry dock to the train station (estimated to take approx 10 minutes) to pick up your luggage and then get on the bus and be at the airport in time. It is not only the check-in you need to allow time for. Sometimes the security check at Sola - Stavanger airport could take time.

My recommendation is to pre-book a maxi taxi to pick you up at the Tau ferry port to transport you to the airport via the train station. Contact Stavanger taxi: stavangertaxi.no/stavangertaxi/index.aspx…

Taxi will be your fastest option. Between 15:30 and 17:00 hrs are rush hours in Stavanger on week days. So factor in slow traffic in the city center.To be on the safe side I would be prepared for the taxi ride to take 30 minutes just in case at that time of the day if you are travelling on a week day.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any information about the way from port to airport

To clarify: My recommendation is to pre-book a maxi taxi to pick you up at the PORT WHERE THE FERRY FROM TAU ARRIVES in Stavanger to transport you to the airport via the train station.

5. Re: any information about the way from port to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, October 07, 2012