We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Kjerag

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Stavanger hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
28 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Kjerag

I am going to Stavanger and I plan to go to Kjerag on Saturday, 2 August. I know there is a new bus service (SyrdalExpress), does anyone know what the route is - does it stop in Lysebotn or does it go all the way to Øygardstøl (which I understand is the starting point for the Kjerag hike)? Does anyone know the timetable for this bus?

I know there is also an option to take the ferry from Stavanger to Lysebotn - but how do I get from Lysebotn to Kjerag?

I would appreciate any information that you could help me with.

Thanks a lot

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,139 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Kjerag

Hi

It is a bit tricky doing Kjerag without a car. You can take the bus but I think it arrives at Øygardsstøl at lik 2 pm so I don't think you can catch the bus back to Stavanger the same day and hence you have to sleep over in Lysebotn. There are various boats that go into Lysebotn so if you get in early you might be able to do Kjerag and catch a boat back to Stavanger in the afternoon. But all in all I think it is better with a rental car for a day.

Regards

Gard

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,139 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Kjerag

Hi

Sorry for misleading you. I found this article: www.regionstavanger.com/… . So it seems like it is possible to do it :-)

Regards

Gard

London
Level Contributor
28 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Kjerag

Thanks, I found the article in the meantime and I've booked the tour. It's unfortunate that the hike it's a guided one as I would have liked it to do it at my own pace, like I did at Preikestolen.

4. Re: Day trip to Kjerag

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, October 02, 2009