We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stavanger in April

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Aberdeen, United...
14 posts
Save Topic
Stavanger in April

Hi there,

I'll be in Stavanger for a few weeks at the end of March into April and am wanting to do a few things. However, it seems this is the worse time to go as it's the transition period between Winter and Summer activities. The things I would like to do are:

1. The Pulpit Rock (No bus service there until the start of May I believe?)

2. Kjerag - However, I believe a road is closed until it opens in May so this is ruled out.

3. Skiing - The skibus ends at the end of March, but I believe the ski resort (Srdal) is open in April.

Can any of these be done without a car in April via public transport? Or would I have to hire a car to go skiing and to the Pulpit Rock? If so, are there car hire companies in downtown Stavanger itself, as when I have searched, it appears you can only hire from the airport?

Thanks!

Pulpit Rock
Lookouts, Hiking Trails, Mountains, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stavanger in April

Hi

I guess you are here already? I think the best option is to get a car for a few days to check out e.g. Preikestolen (or Pulpit rock http://gardkarlsen.com/preikestolen.htm ). But as you say...I think Kjerag is of limits due to snow. I hope that you will have a great trip here :-)

Regards

Gard

2. Re: Stavanger in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, September 23, 2009