We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alesund to Andalsnes

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Alesund hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
45 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Alesund to Andalsnes

I'm trying to figure out if there's a direct bus from Alesund to Andalsnes, what the schedule and fare are, and where the bus terminals are in each town. The Nettbuss site is a little confusing and most of the pages are not displayed in English. Can anyone provide this information?

Also, has anyone taken the train from Andalsnes to Oslo? Is it as spectacular as I've heard?

Thanks!!

ahmedabad
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Alesund to Andalsnes

thnx all

Milton Keynes...
5 posts
Save Reply
52. Re: Alesund to Andalsnes

Sorry but the indicated links are not running anymore ... i'm desperately looking for a connection between Alesund and andelsnes

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
24,528 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Alesund to Andalsnes

Current links for the bus/train connection in this recent topic

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190504-i4248-k763…

Milton Keynes...
5 posts
Save Reply
54. Re: Alesund to Andalsnes

Ok, I bought the train ticket Andelsnes-Oslo, but, where to buy the bus ticket Alesund- Åndalsnes ?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
45 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Alesund to Andalsnes

As I remember, we bought tickets from the bus driver when we boarded. It's cash only, which caused a minor panic attack because we didn't have enough cash. But the driver was nice enough to take us to the next stop where we found an ATM.

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Alesund to Andalsnes

Hi, I am thinking of taking bus Line #681 from Alesund to Andalsnes on September 18th, 2014, and would like to know if the price is still NOK 215 per adult as the latest post #41? Thanks a lot~

( I wrote email to the bus company last Friday, but got no answer so far...)

Edited: 4:20 am, August 15, 2014
1 post
Save Reply
57. Re: Alesund to Andalsnes

I also want to know where to view the schedule for bus from Andalsnes to Alesund. I have been on a number of bus company sites and sometimes I can find Andalsnes and sometimes Alesund, but I have never been able to find a match for both locations on the same site! I wonder if the bus stops are listed by station name instead of by town/city? The links provided previously do not work - it seems that Nettbuss deletes web pages with each season!

Anyway, for September 2014, can someone please provide a working link to a schedule for these two locations?

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
58. Re: Alesund to Andalsnes

frammr.no/Portals/…Aalesund-Aandalsnes.pdf.

Their route planner may require Norwegian letters which is somewhat short-sighted. These bus times are always on the NSB timetable for the Oslo - Andalsnes service.

This is a local bus so you need to pay in cash. You can't book any buses in advance in Norway as there is a seat guarantee. If the bus is full they will run another bus or put you in a taxi. Sounds strange but it works.

Of course public transport companies delete out of date web pages which could easily be used by mistake. It is surprising but unfortunately normal in Norway that they don't manage to publish new ones more than a few weeks before they come into effect.

Edited: 5:16 pm, August 18, 2014
Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
11,090 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Alesund to Andalsnes

Googling 'bus Ålesund Åndalnes' found this rutebok.no/nriiisstatictables/…23-561.htm though for some reason nettbuss.no travel planner doesn't work. Open in Chrome browser for translation.

Also Åndalsnes tourist information site gives information on buses visitandalsnes.com/index.php… but surprisingly unhelpful links. But you might find other parts of the site interesting.

For Norwegian letters just copy and paste the names (from here for example).

Edited: 5:24 pm, August 18, 2014
Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: Alesund to Andalsnes

You may check the following link as well. It's the bus timetable between Alesund and Andalsnes I found online.

frammr.no/Portals/…Aalesund-Aandalsnes.pdf