We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spa-Hotell Velvaere Hjemeland or Skagen Brygge Hotel Bergen

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Milan
Level Contributor
67 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Spa-Hotell Velvaere Hjemeland or Skagen Brygge Hotel Bergen

Does anybody know something about the Spa-Hotell Velavaere in Hjemeland?I don't find anything outside their web-site and I'm planning my next Summer Holidays in Norway.My Husband and I will reach Oslo and stay there 1 night,then we plan to go to Fanafjorden Hytteuleie (peaceful place I suppose but near to Bergen where I've just got the Reservation for the Nutshell Tour) for 1 week,then we're thinking to go to Stavanger and I don't know if it's better to stay there 3-4 days or after 1 day stop,to go to Hjemeland at the Spa-Hotell Velvaere (think to go around by car at the Fjords,at Pulpit Rock and exploring the region).Then we go back to Oslo for a couple of days before coming back to Italy.Any suggestion will be appreciated.We'll have a rented car all-stay long (14 days).Just got even Fjord Pass.Thanks.

Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spa-Hotell Velvaere Hjemeland or Skagen Brygge Hotel Bergen

Hello.

Skagen hotel Brygge is not in Bergen but in Stavanger.

Spa.hotell Velvaere in Hjelmeland is situated in Ryfylke a bit north of Stavanger in the county of Rogaland. You should put your question under Stavanger forum to get a better answer.

Good luck !

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spa-Hotell Velvaere Hjemeland or Skagen Brygge Hotel Bergen

Hi

Skagen Brygge hotel in Stavanger is located in the middle of town so the location is excellent. If you are coming to Stavanger in June/July there are different festivals that could be fun for you to check out...like the beach volleyball world cup in June, food festival in July etc. Did you know that we also have some nice beaches outside Stavanger? If you stay at a place like Sola Strand hotell you will be a bit out of town but on the beach...the only challenge is that the water can be very refreshing (read cold) :-)

Regards

Gard

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spa-Hotell Velvaere Hjemeland or Skagen Brygge Hotel Bergen

Ha! Gard has obviously never been to the West Coast of the US in Summertime! Believe it or not, the water in Norway is much warmer than in California in summer - I couldn't imagine but it's true! ;-)

Nonetheless, Skagen Brygge is a lovely hotel - well located right at the harbor area where the action is. I love Stavanger and think it has plenty to keep you busy for a few days and you can take a local boat tour of the fjords or Preikestolen (Pulpit Rock.) There are also local excursions that take you halfway out there and then lead you by hike up the hillside to the top of Pulpit ROck. These are most easily accessed from Stavanger itself, I believe. And as Gard mentioned Sola Stranda (the beach) is quite lovely and should be a perfect place in the summer when you are visiting.

The other pass you might lookinto getting is the Skanplus pass. This covers completely different set of hotels from the Fjord pass and might give you more and better options during your travels. It costs as little as the Fjord pass (less, in fact - I think 10 Euros) and you will have it paid for with one stay. In addtions, the Skanplus offers you a free night stay when you book a certain number of nights - and they do not have to be in the same hotel. So you can spend 3 nights in Stavanger, 2 nights in Bergen and then 2 nights in Oslo, with the last night free (stay 6, get one free). Use the free night in the more expensive city or upgrade your hotel to a better one and you will get your money's worth! I've used this pass along with the Fjord pass many times and saved hundreds of dollars on my trips. See the website for details.

www.skanplus.no

Hope this helps you some! Buon viaggio/God tur! LL

4. Re: Spa-Hotell Velvaere Hjemeland or Skagen Brygge Hotel Bergen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 am, August 19, 2009