We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Flam and back to Bergen

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
55 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get to Flam and back to Bergen

Fellow travelers,

I will be traveling from Kiruna to Norway for a couple of days just to see the Sogneford the beginning of April 2015. I have 2 options. I can fly into Bergen or to Oslo. Im thinking it may be better to fly into Bergen and out of Bergen as the distance to the Fjord is closer. Correct me Im wrong. Im thinking of taking the rail to Myrdal and the Flam train from there into Flam so I can experience the flam railway in route to Flam. If there is a better route or travel suggestion. I would love to hear. In flam I would overnight so I can do a tour of Naeroyfjorden and Stegastein Viewpoint. On the way back to Bergen would you suggest taking a boat back or rail back? Im open to any suggestions on how to get there and back.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,714 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to Flam and back to Bergen

It would also be possible to take the train from Oslo and spend the night in Flåm, then fly out of Bergen. Note that April is still out of season, so the excursion to Stegastein will not run.

https:/…

Getting from Flåm to Bergen, I suggest you continue to follow the Norway in a Nutshell itinerary on the Nærøyfjord to Gudvangen. From there either the express bus to Bergen or bus to Voss and train to Bergen.

You can also do the tour as a day trip from Oslo or Bergen and skip the overnight in Flåm.

www.norwaynutshell.com/en/explore-the-fjords/

Note that early April is Easter holidays in Norway, there are a lot of public holidays and public transport will run to special schedules.

Edited: 8:55 am, July 31, 2014
2. Re: Best way to get to Flam and back to Bergen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 02, 2015