We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire location in Bergen

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Bergen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Conwy.North Wales
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
car hire location in Bergen

Hello Grethe, hope you are well,

we are about to book our carhire for our trip next week the address I have for drop off is Nygaardsgaten 89, 5008

(picking the car up at the airport)

is this address easy to find when driving into Bergen, would you recommend we drop our luggage off first before returning the car, we are staying at the Steens, if we did this would we be able to walk from the car hire to Steens.

I know I have asked about the address of the car hire companies before, but somehow I have lost the info you gave me.

regards

joana

Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire location in Bergen

Hello Joana.

Yes, I am fine, thank you. Going on holiday this Thursday ( Malta ) and will be away till September 20th.!!

The address should be easy to find whether you drive into Bergen on E39 or E16.They both lead to a traffic junction very close to the busstation and the railwaystation, and Nygardsgaten is just a few blocks away.But Nygardsgaten is a one way street like many streets in the city center, and you can only drive southwards in Nygardsgaten. Your rental car place ( Hertz ?) is at the far southern part of the street on your right hand side, and you will pass the consert hall Grieg Hall in the same street. There is a petrol station (Hydro Texaco) in the same building as the car place.

I think it will be easier for you to find the Nygardsgaten than the hotel when driving, so if you don`t have to much luggage, return your car first and ask for the hotel at the rental car place. It is walkable - 5-10min.- but uphill all the way.

If you want to drive to your hotel at first ; have a map of Bergen, find Stromgaten ( a cross road to Nygardsgaten and in front of the bus station)) which will lead you to Parkveien and the hotel.

Hope this will help you - if not - just ask a " Bergenser" and you will get help. Ask for Parkveien, Steens hotel may not be very well known among the locals - "Bergensere".

Have a wonderful trip to Norway. We have had a very nice summer in Bergen this year, and today ( 10.15 p.m. ) it is +19 Celcius and partly clouded.

:www.steenshotel.no/kart.htm. ( map where you find the hotel)

Best regards

Grethe

Conwy.North Wales
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire location in Bergen

Hello again Grethe, what a wonderful person you are,.

We are so looking forward to our trip to Norway come rain or shine, it would be nice to have the good weather you have had, but no matter what the weather we will enjoy.

thanks for the map and details of the one way streets etc, gives us a good idea of what to expect when entering Bergen, also the petrol station we need to fill up before returning the car.

We leave next week and return on the 10th of September, I have everything organised now thanks to your help and information, your knowledge of Norway is amazing.

You have a good holiday ahead of you, the 20th you return lots of time to enjoy Malta

Have a wonderful trip, I will let you know how we get on with our trip to Norway.

Regards

joana

3. Re: car hire location in Bergen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 13, 2009