We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shortened Norway in a Nutshell or similar? In port 9:30-4:30

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
139 posts
193 reviews
Save Topic
Shortened Norway in a Nutshell or similar? In port 9:30-4:30

I am disappointed we are not in port long enough to do the day trip Norway in a Nutshell,. Are there any similar shortened tours, which would include the Flam RR? I would like to see as much of the inland scenery as we can from 10-3:30. We will be in port on a Wednesday in July.

I would prefer a tour package, but we could just do it on our own. Suggestions?

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,958 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shortened Norway in a Nutshell or similar? In port 9:30-4:30

Are we talking about the port of Bergen or Flåm please ?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
139 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shortened Norway in a Nutshell or similar? In port 9:30-4:30

Sorry.. Bergen

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,958 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shortened Norway in a Nutshell or similar? In port 9:30-4:30

Train timetables for July are not yet published, but based on a Wednesday in May it takes between 3 and 4 hours on the train from Bergen to Flåm including the Flåm railway. To make a return in one day, you really need to start in the early morning. There is no way you can make it within your time frame. I suggest you enjoy what Bergen has to offer. Besides, I suppose you will visit other ports in the fjords. Flåm and the railway is not a must - there are equally beautiful sceneries elsewhere in the fjords.

Oslo
Level Contributor
14,809 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shortened Norway in a Nutshell or similar? In port 9:30-4:30

If you are on a cruise, I will be surprised if the ship does note visit any of the iconic fjords - usually the highlight of the cruise to West Norway. Please check the sailing route for your ship.

5. Re: Shortened Norway in a Nutshell or similar? In port 9:30-4:30

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 25, 2015