We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bergen Itinerary

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Bergen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mississauga
Level Contributor
331 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Bergen Itinerary

My husband and I will be flying into Bergen on Friday Sept. 27th. Our plan is to take the NIN tour either Saturday, Sunday or Monday and decide which day based on the weather forecast when we arrive. Can I buy the tickets for any of the three days at the train station on the Friday as I think there is a problem purchasing them on the weekend. Is there anywhere else they can be purchased?

We hope to wander around Bergen on the friday, and spend another day in Bergen leaving one day for a trip outside. Is a trip to Rosendal via public transit worthwhile at this time of year or is there another suggestion for something outside of Bergen.

We fly to Copenhagen on October 1st.

Thanks for your help!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
23,950 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bergen Itinerary

The tourist office can sell you the travel pass, but as it is all public transport you can also pay as you go. The travel pass may be more convenient though.

Mississauga
Level Contributor
331 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bergen Itinerary

Thanks,I would prefer the travel pass.

Singapore
Level Contributor
282 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bergen Itinerary

HI, I may also be there during the period concerned. Is end Sep still a good time to see the Fjords?

I saw some comments that the NIM could be too rush for 1 day. How could we break this into a 2-day journey, and ending in Oslo?

End Sep is low season in Oslo and Bergen? Thank you.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
23,950 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bergen Itinerary

@KTeo

Late September is off season and also statisticly the wettest time of the year, so not ideal to visit Norway.

You do not say how you plan to travel. Would it Oslo and back to Oslo. In this case you can do a stopover in Flåm or Bergen. You may also consider a flight back to Oslo instead of backtracking on the train.

Mississauga
Level Contributor
331 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bergen Itinerary

It looks like there is no NIN on Sat. Sep. 28 in case you were considering it.

We will be doing the Bergen-Voss route returning to Bergen the same day. It looks like we will be back in Bergen by 7:05pm. We did not want the hassle of luggage so chose to stay in Bergen this trip. My plan is to buy the ticket from the tourist office once we arrive in Norway so we can choose between the Sunday or Monday depending on the weather forecast.

I am thinking dressing in layers with warm, waterresistant clothes!

Singapore
Level Contributor
282 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bergen Itinerary

Thank you for the advice. I was planning to fly from Stockholm to Bergen and travel the way back to Stockholm. (I was taking flight from Singapore). If weather is not ideal this month, the Fjords would be another time.

Does it apply to Oslo as well?

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
23,950 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bergen Itinerary

It applies to most of the Nordic countries. Please look up the statistics at www.yr.no

8. Re: Bergen Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 11, 2014