We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus or train from Haugesund Airport to Bergen ?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Bergen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Bus or train from Haugesund Airport to Bergen ?

We book a flight to Haugesund Airport on 17 July arrival time 13:40 . Anyone who could help me if there is any bus or train trip directly going to Bergen from Haugesund Airport and which one is the cheaper in price?

Oslo
Level Contributor
12,775 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus or train from Haugesund Airport to Bergen ?

No train, too much water between.

You can go by express boat (perhaps from Haugesund centre)

http://www.norled.no/Default.aspx?pageid=1278

or express bus ("coastal express")

http://kystbussen.no/default.aspx

Norway
Level Contributor
950 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus or train from Haugesund Airport to Bergen ?

The express boat does indeed leave from the centre of Haugesund, but not until 18.05. The bus departs from the airport 25 minutes after Ryanair's flights arrive: avinor.no/en/airport/haugesund/tofromairport/ So if you take the bus, you will arrive in Bergen before the boat departs from Haugesund.

In addition, I think the trip by bus, which includes a ferry crossing, is more scenic and pleasant than by the express boat.

London, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus or train from Haugesund Airport to Bergen ?

Thanks so much OsloViking and Catwoman02 for a very clear information and at this time we have the plan of taking the bus instead.

Warsaw, Poland
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus or train from Haugesund Airport to Bergen ?

Hi everyone,

How do you think, is it possible to travel by "autostop"? I have the same way like toto0713 on Sunday and I consider this kind of tranport.

Is the autostop popular in Norge?

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
6,615 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus or train from Haugesund Airport to Bergen ?

What is autostop?

Warsaw, Poland
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus or train from Haugesund Airport to Bergen ?

hitch-hiking

sorry for this, I thought that autostop is popular too

Oslo
Level Contributor
12,775 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus or train from Haugesund Airport to Bergen ?

Hitch-hiking is possible, but not so popular and common as it used to be. I pick up the few hitch hikers I see, but max group of 2 (I hesitate even with 2 persons + heavy rucksacks). Stand where speed is low and easy to pull over. You can also approach drivers directly on ferry line-ups.

Warsaw, Poland
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus or train from Haugesund Airport to Bergen ?

And how do you think, will it be possible to catch someone in Haugesund on Sunday at 4-6 p.m.? Someone who travel to Bergen by car? I'm going to travel with my friend, so two guys with rucksucks, very tourist-looking.

Probably we will try to catch car and if not possible we will back to town and take the Kystbussen.

9. Re: Bus or train from Haugesund Airport to Bergen ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 28, 2013