We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nsb online purchase - not taking my credit card

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Bergen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
65 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
nsb online purchase - not taking my credit card

I am very frustrated. I am trying to purchase minipris tickets on nsb.no. They are not taking my credit cards - I tried Master Card and Visa. I am living in the USA. How can I make payment?

Thanks.

Level Contributor
166 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: nsb online purchase - not taking my credit card

Now that's a real puzzle. I'd call the bank/card issuer again and make sure you talk to someone in charge who understands your dilemma.

9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: nsb online purchase - not taking my credit card

I also could not purchase via the website.

I called my credit card company - they had not blocked the purchase (which they had done previously when I booked too many European hotels in one evening).

. I called the number above (011-47-81-50-08-88). However it is now "9" for English.

The card went through with the agent on the phone. There is an additional 60 NC fee for processing via the phone. Not perfect, but it did get the job done.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: nsb online purchase - not taking my credit card

Traditional US credit cards do not work with the 3D Secure system used by NSB. I called my VISA issuer, capitalone, about this problem. I was surprised when they offered to call NSB and let me book with an agent. No problems with the card and no charge for phone processing. Agent sent confirmation to my email address.

Lisbon
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: nsb online purchase - not taking my credit card

One simple sad reason why they (NSB) are doing this, is to allow their nationals to obtain the minipris tickets and at the same time block most foreigners. In practical terms a double price policy.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,839 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: nsb online purchase - not taking my credit card

@Tagus

Your observation is incorrect. Most foreigners are able to book tickets on-line with NSB. Unfortunately, their security system makes it difficult to use credit cards issued in the US. Recent reports show that many have succeeded even with their US cards, but it took some effort.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
6,931 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: nsb online purchase - not taking my credit card

Not sure why a 1 year old post was brought to life again... Here is more recent thread, read the last replies:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190479-i551-k6082…

Edited: 7:20 am, July 13, 2013
Level Contributor
117 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: nsb online purchase - not taking my credit card

I recently purchased rail tickets from u.s. using credit card. Go to website for verify visa for visa and secure code for m.c and then register your card on nab website. I had no problem. Good luck.

Dipak

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,839 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: nsb online purchase - not taking my credit card

There is also the possibility of using the NSB app for smartphone.

Level Contributor
117 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: nsb online purchase - not taking my credit card

I recently purchased using credit cards. Register your cards with verify visa and secure code for visa. You can

Find their websites on google. Then register your cards on nab site. Then purchase. Good luck.

Dipak

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
550 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: nsb online purchase - not taking my credit card

Hi, I think they only sent you a receipt/confirmation by email. You need to bring that to collect your ticket at the departure station or on the train.

Better to collect from the station. If you collect on train, there is additonal fee.

Hope that help.