We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norway cruise on Hurtigruten ship

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Bergen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
12 posts
Save Topic
Norway cruise on Hurtigruten ship

I'm considering a 6 day trip on the Hurtigruten (Kirkenes to Bergen) in mid September. Wondering if anyone can advise what the trip was like. Many thanks.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Norway cruise on Hurtigruten ship

You may read traveller reports from Hurtigruten here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190500-i932-k1348…

Some videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwhMnKT_AfY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wr7dV0OWn0

Olympic National...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Norway cruise on Hurtigruten ship

I am taking the Hurtigruten North from Bergen on August 1, but do not know where the ship terminal is. Would it be near the Clarion Admiral Hotel if I stayed there the might before? Or is there a closer place to stay?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Norway cruise on Hurtigruten ship

The Hurtigruten terminal is at Nøstekaien, a 5min. taxi ride or a 10min. walk from Clarion Admiral Hotel: http://goo.gl/maps/Fg3K

Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Norway cruise on Hurtigruten ship

Scandic Bergen City will be the nearest hotel to the Hurtigruten terminal . It is a couple of minutes downhill by foot. Admiral is more than ten minutes - both steep uphill and steep downhill on cobbled roads.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
186 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Norway cruise on Hurtigruten ship

I took the reverse trip in September of 2010. You can check out my photos at www.heathersimon.net. Click norway link. When I did the research to go it said that the northern route is better. Also that time of year you want to bring a winter coat for the north and it was quite warm in the south. I live in a cold climate and I wore my winter coat for two days and my parents who live in California wore their winter coat for over half the trip.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Norway cruise on Hurtigruten ship

Seconding post 5 - when I went in late Sept, the north was very cold.

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
5,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Norway cruise on Hurtigruten ship

Northern Norway are lovely in September with the autumn colors and if course, the Northern lights in combination with blue sky late in the evening and the glow of the sun in the horizon... Enjoy!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
9 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Norway cruise on Hurtigruten ship

Hello I've booked a trip on the Hurtigruten for the lst week in December. I shall be travelling with my father, and am spending the night in Bergen prior to the trip. Can anyone recommend accommodation, not too far from where the ship will berth? Thank You - J

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,836 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Norway cruise on Hurtigruten ship

Take a look at grete's response at # 4 above.

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
509 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Norway cruise on Hurtigruten ship

Hi,

We're planning a Hurtigruten trip northbound only, in September 2013. Does it really matter which boat you end up on? If given a choice, which are preferred and why?

Thanks in advance,

Tracey.