We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to Stay in Bergen

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
florida33957
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Place to Stay in Bergen

OK, I thought twice about sharing this tidbit as it might get too booked up, or worse yet she may not be in business anymore. The best location and price in Bergen is Mrs Moehlum's B&B. Its not really a B&B because she is not there for breakfast. There is a shared kichenette with everything you need to make your own. There is a grocery(convenience store) around the corner. We bought fresh strawberries and shrimp and other stuff in the market at the harbor. Everything is within walking distance. She provides the makings for coffee and tea. She is an artist and all the rooms are fun. Only 1 bathroom on the level where the 3-4 guestrooms are located. It was adequate. We paid 350 krone per night for two people. The address is Kippersmau 3, Bergen. Phone was 55 23 37 26. Hope it hasn't changed.

Enjoy, you lucky people that are going to Norway. We have been 4 times and hope to save enough to go again.

Rumba

Cyprus
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to Stay in Bergen

Is it necessary for a visitor (family) to book in advance?

Is it possible to find accomodation while we are there?

I am planning to visit Bergen for one week during july, Please guide me accordingly,

Connecticut
Level Contributor
382 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to Stay in Bergen

Bergen is busy with visitors now. There is not a huge assortment of choices. I would book ahead to avoid paying more than you want to and being in an inconvenient location.

Barbara

Cyprus
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to Stay in Bergen

Thanks for reply.

What do you recommend around burgen area (say 20 minutes drive) for a family 2 adults & 2 Childs at prices near NOK.1.000

Connecticut
Level Contributor
382 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to Stay in Bergen

My only experience in Bergen is the Thon Hotel Bergen Brygge. It is in walking distance of most tourist attractions but I paid 795 NOK for two, not including the breakfast buffet. It is one of the cheapest traditional hotels. You will have better luck price-wise with a B&B or hostel.

Barbara

Massachusetts, USA
Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to Stay in Bergen

In May we stayed at Jacobs Apartments which is close to the center of town. We were pleased with the ability to cook for ourselves or buy meals in their cafe. We'd stay there again. I think it would be fine for a family of 4, though it might be at the upper end of your price range.

www.apartments.no/English/Apartments.htm

Marnie

6. Re: Place to Stay in Bergen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 03, 2009