After all your suggestions and previous posts, we have tried to make the following itinerary for us. We are a young couple, interested in a relaxing holiday with lots of nature, light hikes, and some stave churches etc. First the itinerary, and then I have plenty of questions, if you could please help?
Aug. 18: Spend in Bergen. Spend the night in Bergen.
Aug. 19 and Aug. 20: Spend near the Flam/Aurland/gudvangen region. Take the flam-gudvangen ferry, and the flambasna railway and visit a stave church amongst other things. Camp two nights.
Aug. 21: Drive north. take the sognefellet road to Lom. Then drive east towards the Stryn region.
Aug. 22 and Aug. 23: Spend in Stryn and around. Explore the Norjford. Maybe see the Briksdalsbreen.
Aug 24 : Drive down to Bergen. Spend night in Bergen.
Aug. 25 : Drive from bergen to Stavanger. take ferry at 21:00
Here are some questions:
- Does this look too intense?
- Any nice campsite in Bergen?
- In the FLAM region, I want to do a part of the NN tour. i.e. take the ferry and the flambasna the same day. What would be a good place to leave the car? at Flam, or at Myrdal? In other words, where should I set up base in the hardangfjord/sognefjord area. Any camping site suggestions?
- The drive to Lom from Sognefjord: What would be the best route? I want to make sure I take the sognefellet road for at least part of the day. Do not want to reach Lom as such, but it seems the road goes there? Will this entire drive (from campsite in Sognefjord to Lom be too long?
- Spending time in the stryn region: Any particular suggestions on what to see? Or campsites?
- From Stryn to Bergen: What would be a good route? We will have about 10 hours.
- Anything nice that could be done on the way to Stavanger from Bergen? We might not have much time though.
Apologies for such a long post, and thank you in advance for all your help,