We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grakall Trolley Line - Accessibility

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Trondheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
BELFAST
Level Contributor
72 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Grakall Trolley Line - Accessibility

Hi,

My wife has limited mobility and although a wheelchair user, can manage a few steps to board the tram. -My question is - is there any place onboard to stow the wheelchair?

Any other general advice re mobility issues at this destination most welcome.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
23,976 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grakall Trolley Line - Accessibility

I do not know this tram line in particular - but normally all public transport can accomodate wheelchairs and there is a dedicated space onboard. On the most modern buses/trams/trains you can roll on/roll off in your wheelchair. Prams and pushchairs often compete for the same space as wheelchairs - especially on buses.

BELFAST
Level Contributor
72 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grakall Trolley Line - Accessibility

Thanks for your reply.

This tram line is the only one left from a pre war network, and the cars themselves are pretty ancient, certainly designed before accessibility awareness, so Iwondered if they have been adapted to suit

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
23,976 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grakall Trolley Line - Accessibility

Oh, it is the vintage tram. Then I suggest you contact them as they are not a part of the public transport system and so are not obliged to have wheelchair facilities.

http://turtrikken.no/kontakt/

4. Re: Grakall Trolley Line - Accessibility

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 03, 2014