We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oslo Must Do Siteseeing and Restaurant for Lunch

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
21 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Oslo Must Do Siteseeing and Restaurant for Lunch

My husband and I will be spending a day in Oslo during a Baltic cruise. Our goal is to see a couple of the main sites, walk around the town and have a nice lunch (we're flexible on price - just looking for the nicest lunch experience we can find).

Can anyone recommend some must do sites/activities and a nice place for lunch?

Thank you!

Hønefoss Norway
Level Contributor
944 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Oslo Must Do Siteseeing and Restaurant for Lunch

'Apple' ? Forgive me, I was too fast, it should have been apple cake.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
27 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Oslo Must Do Siteseeing and Restaurant for Lunch

Hi there

I support the choice of Ekebergrestauranten if you're coming when weather is warm because they have a spectacular view in a really stylish funkis(functionalism) building that have been restored nicely.

Note that it is either a tramride or taxitrip from the center as it is located in a hillside with view of the citycenter and the fjord (you'll propably see the cruiseboat rather nicely).

So if cold perhaps go for one downtown? Then you can choose to enter the cafe at Grand Hotel. Pricey but real historic touches and decor. Many famous writers has had their lunch and drinks there in old times (like Henrik Ibsen).

13. Re: Oslo Must Do Siteseeing and Restaurant for Lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, August 26, 2009