We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing near Oslo

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Oslo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Skiing near Oslo

Hello Norwegians...making a trip over at the end of feb tfrom ireland o visit my little sister as shes living over there for 3months,shes makin the trip to oslo for a long weekend and we want to cram as much in as possible! Enlighten me in regards to skiing,nightlife,what to do and will it be expensive?

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,376 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing near Oslo

I am sorry I can't help you on topics like nightlife. Others can surely give you more advice on this.

What to do depends on your own preferences - if you can specify a little of your aims, we will be able to help you.

Norway is expensive - be prepared for that - especially when it comes to things like alcohol (£ 4 - 5 a pint).

The winter has so far been very mild, and there is hardly any snow anywhere. This might change before the end of February, of course. You may check Norwegian weather, snow conditions etc. on this site:

http://senorge.no/startpage.aspx

At the moment there is one slope with artificial snow open at Tryvann - on top of one of the hills surrounding Oslo.

2. Re: Skiing near Oslo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, August 27, 2009