We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from TROP airport to Oslo city centre

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Oslo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from TROP airport to Oslo city centre

Hi,

I am going to be travelling to Oslo in Feb 2014. I arrive at the TROP airport in the afternoon and I want to know what is the best way to reach the Oslo city centre? I have done a bit of reading and it seems I can either take a bus the entire way or take a shuttle bus and then a train. Both the bus and the train I believe arrive in the same spot in Oslo (bus and train station next to each other?). Both options take the same amount of time to reach Oslo and cost the same.

So basically which option is easiest after a long flight from BC Canada? Is it possible to purchase a bus or train ticket in the airport when I arrive or do I need to book either option ahead of time?

Thanks for the advice :)

Sarah.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,230 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from TROP airport to Oslo city centre

You will probably arrive at Torp and not Trop....

Which transport is just a matter of taste. Personally I prefer the bus as it is slightly less hassle with no changes until you reach the bus terminal.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
11,655 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from TROP airport to Oslo city centre

Torp-Ekspressen departs from Torp Sandefjord lufthavn 35 minutes after the flights have landed for Ryanair, Wizz Air and most Norwegian international departures and so may save some time if flight early or late. I don't see any direct flights from Canada - where are you transfering and are you using one of these airlines?

Seems you can book in advance now at torpekspressen.no/index.php/… but cost is the same and I have always just bought my ticket from the driver.

Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from TROP airport to Oslo city centre

Hi

Thanks for the advice. I am flying KLM from Vancouver BC to Amsterdam to TORP (sorry for the miss spell earlier). I am thinking the bus sounds like a good option especially if I can buy my ticket from the driver. Any other tips/advice is appreciated.

Thanks again.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
11,655 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from TROP airport to Oslo city centre

Note that the bus doesn't correspond with KLM flights. Check the link to the bus company and see if there are any buses connected to flights arriving same time or later. I see there are 2 flights from Amsterdam - one arriving 13:55 and one 22:25. I assume you are booked on 13:55, but if your flight from Canada is delayed and you miss your connection, then try and get transferred to an OSL (Oslo Lufthaven, Gardermoen) flight, as you may have problems getting to Oslo arriving in Torp on the late evening flight - and a horribly long wait!

Edited: 1:53 pm, November 17, 2013
Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from TROP airport to Oslo city centre

Hi,

Thanks again for the advice. I am flying in on the 1:55 pm flight. After looking at the bus schedule for Feb 2 I think it will be quicker to take the train (closest bus around 17:00).

Just for the sake of comparison does anyone know approximately how much a taxi would cost from TORP to Oslo city center? I am not travelling alone and I am wondering if its worth a taxi when the cost is split up between travelers.

Thanks again :)

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,230 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from TROP airport to Oslo city centre

torp.no/Travellers/…

Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from TROP airport to Oslo city centre

Wow those are some expensive taxi's. Thanks for the link...definitely taking the train to Oslo :)

8. Re: Getting from TROP airport to Oslo city centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 20, 2014