We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How strict is Norwegian Air on carry-on limit?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
241 posts
7 reviews
How strict is Norwegian Air on carry-on limit?

I have a flight from Bergen to Stockholm. My carry-on luggage weights 11 kg exactly and the airline limit is 10kg. Do you think I will run into issues carrying it on board or do I have to resort to checking it? Not sure if the airline is really strict on this or not. Thanks

140 replies to this topic
Boston...
2 posts
131. Re: How strict is Norwegian Air on carry-on limit?

Norwegian is extremely strict. They hold their employees accountable for overweight bags. I was two kilos overweight (12kg) and I was charged $200 one-way (one hundred for each flight of the journey). Ridiculous.

Edited: 8:25 pm, August 02, 2018
Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
5,368 posts
28 reviews
132. Re: How strict is Norwegian Air on carry-on limit?

What is ridiculous with an airline following their own published riles for luggage size and weight?

Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
4,807 posts
17 reviews
133. Re: How strict is Norwegian Air on carry-on limit?

Yes an airline enforcing their rules are ridiculous indeed! I understand that you were so special that rules do not apply to you. On behalf of Norwegian and the entire Norwegian population I apologize and regret taken actions deeply. Of course rules shouldn't apply to you. Next time it happens tell Lionheart from TripAdvisor told them it was OK...

Kiawah Island...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
134. Re: How strict is Norwegian Air on carry-on limit?

In the past Norwegian has not enforced its carry-on weight rules; now they are extremely strict, forcing us to check a bag at the airport. This inconsistency makes it difficult for passengers with limited vacation funds. Plus they charge over twice as much to check a bag if you do not reserve it before the day of your flight. And 10kg is a very low limit for their transatlantic flights. Their policy appears to be designed to trap the unwary consumer.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
17,824 posts
36 reviews
135. Re: How strict is Norwegian Air on carry-on limit?

Which airline allows carry on of more than 10kg? Why didn’t you use them?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
1,341 reviews
136. Re: How strict is Norwegian Air on carry-on limit?

They did not check in Vilnius flight to oslo

2 posts
1 review
137. Re: How strict is Norwegian Air on carry-on limit?

Dyoll You've been replying for 4 years don't you have something better to do?

Edited: 3:41 am, September 08, 2018
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
17,824 posts
36 reviews
138. Re: How strict is Norwegian Air on carry-on limit?

Rafa - clicked on your name - "@733rafar hasn't contributed anything yet."

Welcome to the forum - by users, for users. Let's hope you find time to contribute something useful for the community.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
139. Re: How strict is Norwegian Air on carry-on limit?

hi my lap top is 2cm over the size for 2 dimensions for the smallest one but my bigger one is under the size by at least 5cm on 2 of the dimensions .. will this be ok . weight wise is fine .. should i take a bin bag to join the 2 together just in case?

Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
4,807 posts
17 reviews
140. Re: How strict is Norwegian Air on carry-on limit?

Just stick to the rules and you'll be fine. If it's too large it's too large and you risk having to gate check it and pay for the privilege...

Reply to: How strict is Norwegian Air on carry-on limit?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted