We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is train station from Gardermeon airport?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How far is train station from Gardermeon airport?

I am arriving in gardermeon airport on Sunday and I am planning to take NSR train to city but I believe the train schedule is about hourly interval. If I just miss the NSR train then I will take Flytoget express train to avoid long waiting time.

I would like to know if both NSR and express trains are very close to each other and how long does it take to walk from the airport terminal to either of one of the stations.

Thank you

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,353 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is train station from Gardermeon airport?

The station is in the airport itself. It is the same station serving all trains.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
13,225 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is train station from Gardermeon airport?

Local train schedule is normally 1/2 hourly but a bit mixed on a Sunday. Use the journey planner to find times https://www.nsb.no/?lang=en_US

When you enter the arrivals hall, turn right and station is at end of the hall.

The simplest solution to buying a ticket is probably at the Narvesen kiosk in the landside arrivals hall after customs. You need a single ticket for 4 zones costing NOK 90. Don't forget to validate the ticket (electronically time stamp) on the little machines at entrance to platform. This will also allow free travel in Oslo on buses, trains and trams for 2 1/2 hours after validating.

If staying in Oslo for at least a day then another alternative would be to buy a 24 hour travel pass for Oslo sentral zone - NOK 80. You would then need to buy supplementary tickets for 3 zones NOK 60 using the NSB ticket machines at entrance to station which load these tickets electronically on your travel pass (but don't try this as a first-timer if you are in a hurry to catch the train!). the Oslo pass visitoslo.com/en/… could be used in a similar manner.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is train station from Gardermeon airport?

Thank you /klimaflyktning and dyoll.

4. Re: How far is train station from Gardermeon airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 26, 2014