We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full tour of Europe including Norway, Sweden, Denmark.

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Oslo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colombo, Sri Lanka
3 posts
Save Topic
Full tour of Europe including Norway, Sweden, Denmark.

Hi,

I am from Sri Lanka .

After dropping my Daughter off in Norway to live with her mom ( in about Aug/Sept 2013) I would like to do a full Tour of Europe .

I have done some research on Euro Rail, coach tours & hostel bookings but how about Visa? i need to visit UK as well - Do i get both Schengen & UK Visa ? Is it best that i do the scandinavian Tour first & finish off & then shift to UK & do a seperate tour of Europe ?

How much time would all this take ? would really appreciate any help & advice on this - i don't want to do a rushed trip . What would be the minimum amount of cash needed ?

I can afford US$ 4000/-apart from the Airfare to & from Sri lanka - so is it possible ?

I don't mind the minimum of comforts . Thanks to all in advance.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,230 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Full tour of Europe including Norway, Sweden, Denmark.

What would be your idea of the full tour of Europe - all 50 countries ? You would need a year for that and your budget would not last more than a couple of months at the most. And to be honest, some countries are more interesting from a tourist point of view than others.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Full tour of Europe including Norway, Sweden, Denmark.

I don't think a travel budget of 4000$ would last more than a month. Within that time frame I think you should focus on max. 3 countries, f.ex. Norway, UK and France.

And yes, you need separate visas for the Schengen countries and the UK. Please note that separate visas are also required if you want to visit any of the former Soviet or the former Yugoslav republics, not members of Schengen.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Full tour of Europe including Norway, Sweden, Denmark.

Thank You very much. Please advise me further about the countries which might be more interesting from a tourist's point of view .

Colombo, Sri Lanka
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Full tour of Europe including Norway, Sweden, Denmark.

Thank you very much . Maybe I should be more realistic with my kind of budget & visit fewer countries. However, more advice & tips are very welcome.

Oslo
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Full tour of Europe including Norway, Sweden, Denmark.

UK, France and Norway is an excellent idea. France could eventually be swapped for Italy.

You need a Schengen-visa to go to Norway, France and Italy, while Britain is not member of Schengen.

Places like Paris, Rome, Florence, Nice are almost surrealistically full of tourists in August. Summer holiday is earlier in Norway, and in mid August the ebb starts. So maybe you should start in the north - the Lofoten islands? - and work your way south.

6. Re: Full tour of Europe including Norway, Sweden, Denmark.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 19, 2014