We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 hours at Oslo Airport Gardermoen

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
417 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
7 hours at Oslo Airport Gardermoen

Hi there,

I did a search but could not find a working website that gave me the info.

What would you recommend I do (first timer)

and how much money do I need

Many thanks

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 hours at Oslo Airport Gardermoen

What kind of information do you want ? Is it for your Norwegian visit or just for the stay in Gardermoen ?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 hours at Oslo Airport Gardermoen

I am changing planes and have 7 hours to wait at the airport - it seems a shame not to see something outside but I am not sure what is practical and affordable.

Public transport in to the centre, a museum, a district,. It is not much time but perhaps a start.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
29,215 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 hours at Oslo Airport Gardermoen

The airport express train or local train (less expensive, less frequent, slower) will take you right into the heart of Oslo (central station).

You can find attractions according to interest here

visitoslo.com/en/…

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 hours at Oslo Airport Gardermoen

Is 7 hours including time needed for disembarking as well as for check-in, security check etc. ?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 hours at Oslo Airport Gardermoen

Thanks for the website link - that looks great and I can plan something from that - I will check out the times of the trains

My total time looks like 8 and a half hours - disembarking and then later a local flight - mid day running towards evening so I need to take note of the closing times of places.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 hours at Oslo Airport Gardermoen

Here is to give you some additional ideas of what the attractions are like:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g190479-s409/Oslo:N…

Oslo
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 hours at Oslo Airport Gardermoen

Put your luggage in a locker and take the airport express train to Oslo Central Station You will have time for one or two attractions. For instance, have a look at the Opera house - it is right adjacent to the central station. Or take the train to the National Theatre and walk down to Aker Brygge/Tjuvholmen and visit the Astrup Fearnley Museum. (This is the most expensive part of Oslo. The restaurants are exxellent, but very expensive).

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
14,810 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 hours at Oslo Airport Gardermoen

Left Luggage - when you come out from customs turn left in the landside hall - left luggage is at the end of the hall on the arrival level. Trains to Oslo are at the opposite end of hall. Baggage usually comes out pretty quickly - you could be downtown an hour after landing.

Edited: 6:12 am, February 17, 2013
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 7 hours at Oslo Airport Gardermoen

Many thanks, I am looking forward to it.

10. Re: 7 hours at Oslo Airport Gardermoen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 21, 2014