We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two weeks in Iceland and Norway

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Two weeks in Iceland and Norway

I plan to spend two weeks in Iceland and Norway in next August or September. Is this a good choice? Also, I like to have simple hiking at these two countries, is it possible?

Thanks!

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,493 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two weeks in Iceland and Norway

I can only answer for Norway as I have zero expericence with Iceland.

August is normally a better choice than September weather wise. August is also still within the tourist season, hence more tourist transport options available than in September.

Sure, simple hiking is possible. But Norway is a very long and diverse country so it all depends on where you plan on going.

It sounds like you may want to spend a bit more time researching and then you can come back to the forum when you narrowed your plans down some more.

I would recommend reading through some pages here on the Norway forum and read relevant trip reports in our trip reports library: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190455-i550-k3785…

For general tourist information the official tourist site is great: http://www.visitnorway.com/us/

2. Re: Two weeks in Iceland and Norway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, December 15, 2013