We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to find power converter

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Need to find power converter

Hello,

I wonder I'd anyone could point me in the right direction to find a plug-in power converter in Oslo? The one I brought with me from Canada is broken and my camera is dead now, we are in Europe one more week so I need one desperately! Thanks!

Fredrikstad, Norway
Level Contributor
70 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need to find power converter

The expensive ones you can probably find at any luggage stores in any mall or shoppingcenter.

I have also seen them at cheaper stores like clas ohlson and europris. I don't know where you are at, but if you have access to google maps you can just enter in the names of those stores and it should tell you.

Good luck,

Oslo
Level Contributor
172 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need to find power converter

Your best bet is Clas Olsson, or a travel shop.

Clas Olsson sells international travel adapters for less than NOK 100.

They are located several places in Oslo:

Oslo City shopping centre

Bogstadveien 26

Storo Shopping centre

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need to find power converter

Thanks to everyone for the advice... I realized after Talking with guy at an electronic store here In Oslo that my camera battery charger is already preset for different voltage, and I had the adapter, so problem solved! Thanks!

4. Re: Need to find power converter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 01, 2013