We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norwegian Air

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
379 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Norwegian Air

I have a question for some of the locals who may be able to help me and at thesame time to warn future travellers

I made a reservation from Oslo to Berlin at a low fare Euro 60.40, due to some changes in my workplace, i need to cut short my holiday, hence I am thinking just to proceed straight to Copenhagen. I understand that I have to pay Euro 31 per person per leg for any changes which is fine by me and any difference in the fare. Now I would like to change from Oslo to Copenhagen which has a price of Euro 51.20 (so I am going for a lower price category), but the system is charging me Euro 102.40 (51.20 x 2) for the changes. I called the hotline and a lady answer my query, after making some investigating, she said she has to ask her superior about this while I hold on the line (a long distance line) for maybe like 3-4 minutes, and when she's back, she insists that it is correct, that that is the difference and penalty charges..??? and when I am trying to make my point, she just flatly told me that even if I talk to other person on the hotline, the answer will still be the same..!!!??? I was still trying to make her see the discrepancies when she just cut my line..... What the Hell!! (sorry) C'mon, is this how Norwegian Air operates, I kind of feel I am being scam here, when I purchase the ticket, I've read the Terms and Conditions clearly, the website indicate that even low cost fare can be changed against a fee and the difference in fare, when in reality it is not the case, one has to pay for the new reservation, so what is the point of changing your reservation when you have to pay again!!!

This is really annoying and the truth is, i am angry and upset..

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
5,353 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Norwegian Air

I understand yours situation, when you was there, but what you did wrong in this forum, was that you wrote your words in a attacking position!

You enter another question, actually one year old case, and you told ALL people who read this: "Don`t book with Norwegian!" Why not let everyone decide by them self which flight company they want to fly with...

What you should do, was to open a new post!

By the way, have you contacted Norwegian about your case, so you could get an answer why this guy didn`t let you take your flight.

What I understand, you wasn`t to late, so you should have a good case..;)

But, if you are like us Norwegian, I guess we will see you at Norwegian another day, because we are world champions to complaine, but the day after we have forget this...

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Norwegian Air

I see ur point.

I didn't check the date for the post. I just replied.

Didn't come here to start a new post. Saw 2 posts on the airline, and replied. Was not in for huge discussions. Just informing as I always do on TripAdvisor.

But since airlines don't have pages as hotels and restaurants, I went here.

My wrong perhaps.

And of course people should make their own choices. Which I'm pretty sure they will do no matter what I write.

I do remember very well. And arrogance is in my opinion not a part of nice customer service. And I still believe, that Norwegian Air should have handled this case much better.

Eg by having a staff you can talk with.

Not just ONE guy who's arrogant and doesn't care.

I saw the same arrogance 1 week ago. A guy who could hardly interact with people, as he was struggling to look like a lemon. He didn't hurt me, but if this is the new ways of Norwegian, it makes me doubt about my future with them.

So I choose differently.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,095 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Norwegian Air

Gitte, you should contact Norwegian directly. And I hate to sound harsh, but this statement makes me confused: "Just informing as I always do on TripAdvisor"

ALL your posts on the TA forums are about this issue, you have no other posts in your profile. You may be operating under two different profiles though...

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Norwegian Air

Hi Pippi.

I can see your confusion, if you only look in this forum.

As I mentioned, airlines don't have pages as hotels and restaurants do, so to inform about this incident , I went to the forum.

In the rest of TripAdvisor, I have contributed 68 times. All positive.

The same goes for FourSquare and other similar places.

So it's not like I'm a negative person releasing steam.

The many posts here, is cuz I wrote in two threads.

Every time someone comment back in one of them, I reply as I find that to be polite.

Doubted to comment back on replies, but feel I cant just ignore people when they take time to write a comment directed my way.

But I must admit, that I'm getting quite tired of the case, as I can imagine others are as well. So it is not to be un polite, but I will skip the subject as of now :-)

Thanks for listening :-)

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
379 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Norwegian Air

Gitte, trust me , i understand your frustrtaion and anger.

Guess we can just chalk it up as a lesson learnt. For those of us who had bad experience with Norwegian Air, all we can do is warn other people to be careful when purchasing tickets on their website as in my case and your being be there earlier at the gate. Good thing is we still have other options, there are loads of other airlines flying the route..

Cheer up, and do not waste more time writing or following up to NA, it doesn't matter to them, i was so foolish to call them up and paying more money for long distance call... silly me!! haha

3 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Norwegian Air

Norwegian air are a complete nightmare- rude and dishonest staff who refuse to acknowledge that passengers have any rights when delayed and lie about their obligations and what they can do. Really shocked by their behaviour. Will never fly with them again.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
26,735 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Norwegian Air

@stuckinoslo

If there is a case where Norwegisn Air Shuttle does not follow international rules and regulations, you should make a formal complaint to Transportklagenemda - the official body for such complaints.

https:/…English

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
12,734 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Norwegian Air

@stuckinoslo

How about replying to the questions in your other thread before spamming on another. We are all interested in knowing exactly what the problem is and would sympathise with you if you could explain rationally. Norwegian is a low service, supposedly low cost airline (same concept as Easyjet and Ryanair) - I don't often fly with them because I rarely find prices that are significantly cheaper than a full service airline.

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
5,353 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Norwegian Air

It`s like order pizza... not the same chef in the kitchen every day...

Have a beautiful day and enjoy your summer..;)

3 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Norwegian Air

Sure. One flight delayed. Missed connecting flight. Time between them is too short but when I phoned to ask (before travel) they told me don't worry there is no problem, small airport plenty of time. No mention of having to collect luggage and clear customs, and re check in. They put me on a later flight, but claim I am not entitled to any compensation- obviously under EC regulations I am so will be taking it up with them formally. I missed my final onward connection and lost 24 hours of my holiday, and had to pay for a hotel for the night I was stuck. They also claimed in the airport they did not have to offer me a free phonecall in the airport while I was delayed (so I could book a hotel) and lied to my about their phones not working (when I pushed they admitted I was and suddenly the phone did work). Incredibly unhelpful behaviour by pretty much all of their staff. And not that cheap either.